ALASKA HELI-GLACIER HIKE
Helicopter tour over stunning glaciers
Guided hiking tour in Great Gorge, a National Landmark
Small and intimate group tour
Unique photo opportunities
ALASKA HELI-GLACIER HIKE
STUNNING BIRD VIEWS OF ALASKA'S LANDMARKS, PRISTINE WILDERNESS, AND EXCLUSIVITY, A UNIQUE HIKE THE WILD AND AUTHENTIC WAY!
This Alaskan adventure is full of surprises and beautiful moments. This tour is designed to show you the rugged wild landscape while also granting you the opportunity to be hands on and dynamic. You will get to enjoy spectacular bird’s eye glacier views as well as go on a fantastic glacier hike!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This travel adventure grants you the perfect way to experience Alaska in all its wild splendour. The Heli Glacier Hike begins with a longer than usual helicopter tour of the surrounding glaciers and natural environment.
You will get to see the world from a different perspective and focus on details that are easily overlooked from the ground looking up. This tour turns everything on its head and flips reality, placing you above the mountains. This allows you to engage with nature in an entirely new way as you also share the opportunity to take incredible pictures.
What sets this helicopter and glacier hiking tour apart from the rest is that our groups are small and our guides have intimate knowledge of the glaciers. This allows for an unexpected amount of flexibility during the experience. Our guides will adjust the difficulty of the guided hiking tour to your interest and or capabilities.
Departing from Anchorage, you will get to hike around Lake George which is a famous glacial lake, located near the face of the glacier, which received national recognition by the National Natural Landmark (NNL) Program. This Alaskan landmark was recognized because of its unique natural phenomenon called a "jökulhlaup". Jökulhlaup is an Icelandic term used to describe a type of glacial lake outburst flood. You will also get to adventure through the incredible Chugach mountain range. Hike the Northern Chugach Mountains as you arc across the region, take pictures, and witness massive glacier calves into the surrounding water in thunderous roars.
And what's more, this area is usually granted with great weather and perfect conditions with really low risk of tour cancellation. What's are you waiting for?
WHY IS THIS A
Experience one of the greatest adventures in Alaska during your helicopter ascension and glacier hike.
See spectacular sights while flying over impressive glaciers and pristine rivers.
Go on a three-hour hike up one of America’s most impressive national landmarks.
Let our local tour guides take you to a different world surrounded by magnificent icy colours…you won’t want to miss this photo op!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 10:15am Meet at Knik River Valley (or could book transfer from Anchorage locally, 1h drive away).
- After safety briefing, board the helicopter for your scenic flight as you go down the Great Gorge of the Knik
- Start a four hours hike in both the High Alpine and glacier environment
- Get great photography tips from your guide, and try spotting wildlife on your way.
- Return to Knik River Valley at about 3pm.
- Inclusions: qualified glacier guide, overboots, crampons, helicopter ride with extra landing, four hour guided hike, permit and facility fees and all fees (no hidden cost).
- Exclusions: transfers from Anchorage (can be booked locally), travel insurance, meals, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 60 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 95 percent refund. If you cancel within 59 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Highlight of my whole Alaskan Vacation
I will forever recommend this to anyone traveling to Alaska. My family had contemplated this helicopter tour because it is pricey per person and there were 10 of us total; we all agreed that it was without a doubt money well spent.
We had to take a few helicopters out due to our large group, and the pilots were wonderful. They were informative during the flight out to the glacier and eager to help and take pictures for us as we landed.
The view was breathtaking. The ice, standing water, and mountains were unlike anything I have ever seen.
If I am ever back in Alaska, I will definitely be back for another helicopter ride. "