Botswana Safari & Under the Stars Experience - 4 Days
Enjoy the epic and diverse wildlife found in Khwai Private Reserve
Sleep atop a five-metre high Sky Bed in the middle of the African Bush
Overlook or get in the hide of a busy wildlife watering hole
Experience exclusive concession to an awe-inspiring area located between Moremi Game Reserve, Chobe National Park, and the Khwai River
Botswana Safari & Under the Stars Experience
You are about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime as you enjoy the sights and sounds from the spectacular Khwai Valley, within Okavango Delta Region. This park has a prime spot between the famous Moremi Game Reserve, the beautiful Chobe National Park, and the breathtaking Khwai River. This location makes Hyena Pan one of the best places in the world to see wildlife…there is nothing like a Botswana Safari.
This four-day Botswana Safari & Under the Stars Experience puts you right in the middle of all the action. You will have opportunities to see nomadic herds of elephants, buffalo, lions, leopards, and much more. Not to mention the spotted hyena has been spotted once again after a 20-year disappearance in the area!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
The Botswana Safari & Under the Stars Experience is unlike any other. During this epic four-day adventure, you will go on game drives around wildlife dotted plains, walking safaris, visit an underground photographic hide by the waterhole, and spend an unforgettable night high up amongst the Botswana night stars.
We have reinvented the traditional safari camp stay. This experience is meant to highlight all the magnificent activities and sights the 200,000 hectares of private land Khwai Reserve offers.
This intimate experience takes you on an unforgettable ride.
Your first two days will occur in the lofty Hyena Pan amongst a grove of cathedral mopane trees and a stunning lagoon. This fabulous campsite puts you in an authentic setting where you will be surrounded by wild animals in their natural habitat. The solar-powered Hyena Pan has various points of interests including its lagoon which serves as a waterhole for many of the region’s animals.
There you will get to witness majestic elephants and spell-biding giraffes drink and bathe. After dark, you will get to watch hyenas interact and hear their distinct barks in the not-so-far-off distance. Here the keen photographer in you will enjoy the underground hide from which you can get a very close up of elephants and other mammals drinking and practice your photography skills.
Imagine spending your days walking around the bush and enjoying incredible jeep safaris, aka game drives!
Bush walks focus on vegetation and beautiful mammals and birds, whereas game drives highlight resident predators. Our fabulous guides are experienced enough to know exactly where to find all the animals. They will make sure you get wonderful views while also keeping you safe…expect to have your heart skip a few beats multiple times along the way.
Just when you thought the Botswana Safari & Under the Stars Experience couldn’t get any better, it does. Day 3 is all about being one with the sky while observing the wildlife below. You will get to spend the night on one of our wonderful Sky Beds. These beds are located on a three-story raised platform, in the open, that offers great stargazing opportunities. They overlook the wildlife spotted pans of Khwai Reserve with its own waterhole, home to about 400 bull elephants, giraffes, leopards, lions, elands...
Don’t worry, even though the beds are open to the sky (no walls), secured gates will prevent unwelcome visitors to climb your bed at night! You may hear them though…
Day 4 is meant for you to do whatever last minute walk or activity you have in mind before heading back. Take this time to soak in all the magic of the past few days, may we suggest you bring a journal? We promise you will enjoy this trip so much you will want to savour and remember every second of it!
We promise you will enjoy this trip so much you will want to savour and remember every second of it!
WHY IS THIS A
The Botswana Safari & Under the Stars Experience invites you into the wild world of Botswana’s African Bush. This adventure is fit for adventurers, nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts looking to have the experience of a lifetime with animals that are only seen in movies.
Watch elephants play, giraffes eat, buffalo swim, leopards and lions hunt, and wild dogs defend their territory. Enjoy the choreography of the kudus and red lechwes as they dance across the landscape, and the antelope as they hop and play around the reserve. Look up at the stars from your sky bed and listen to the soul-stirring sound of nature at night. This Botswana Safari Experience is perfect for those looking to embrace Africa and its wildlife without harming it. This trip has a low impact on the environment and gets you up close and personal with Nature.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Meet at Hyena Pan Lodge, if self-drive (from Maun it takes approximately three hours), or pick up in Maun if transfer required (options of a small plane or road transfer offered at extra charge).
- Depending on the arrival time in Maun, expect to arrive at lunchtime to check in, allowing an afternoon activity on day 1, such as game drive.
- After dinner at camp, there may be a possibility for a night drive.
Days 2 & 3
- Choice of guided activities within the private reserve. You can choose from a game drive, walking safari, or photography session in the waterhole’s hide.
- All meals are included during your stay.
- You spend one night in Sky Bed wooden platform from which you can enjoy the wildlife by the waterhole and stargaze at night.
- After breakfast, you may have time for another short activity before your transfer back depending on your next location.
- Inclusions: 3-night accommodation in luxury camp, full board and open bar (local drinks), laundry, park fees, conservation fee, English speaking guide, shared guided excursions on private reserve around the lodge.
- Exclusions: Premium liquors, local flights and transfers from Maun, travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 60 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 20 per cent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 59 and 45 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 per cent cancellation fee. If you cancel from 44 days or less in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 per cent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"Brilliant place to stay
We stayed here for three nights and couldn’t fault it. The staff were very friendly, the food excellent and the water hole attracted elephants, hippos and giraffes as well as birds. The tented accommodation was very comfortable and the restaurant and bar areas were wonderful to watch the wildlife. A dream location."