CANYONING WADI BIMMAH
Explore the famous Snake Canyon in Oman!
Go climbing, trekking, swimming, and hiking through windy canyon passageways.
Jump and swim through beautiful water pools.
Enjoy 3 km abseiling decent while practicing various techniques.
Canyoning Wadi BimmahThe famous Snake Canyon, locally known as Wadi Bimmah, is in the Western Hajar mountain range and is about a two-hour drive from the city of Muscat. This Canyoning Wadi Bimmah experience takes you through Snake Canyon’s, also known as Snake Gorge, stunning creases and undular passages. Those who visit the gorge, and or canyon, witness nature’s incredible ability to sculpt the earth. The canyon walls have been shaped by thousands of years waterfall and waterflow, join us as we tackle this epic wadi and discover why it is a local treasure.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEContrary to popular belief, there is more than one Snake Canyon in the region. First, there is what is known as Little Snake Canyon, often overlooked and under visited. Second, we have Big Snake Canyon which is the most popular of the two, which often takes protagonist, and is where this exciting experience takes place. The gorges are covered by high cliff walls which are adjacent to massive stone boulders and small waterfalls. This Omani region is famous for its beauty and its ability to make travellers appreciate nature’s vastness. If you’re looking for a beautiful challenge this Canyoning Wadi Bimmah experience is the adventure you’ve been waiting for.
Abseil down the canyon’s magnificent steep sides and drop-offs. Stare at awe-inspiring stone formations and make your way across carved paths. It’s time to adventure through Oman’s most famous canyon.This introduction to canyoning in Oman is perfect for all travellers including those who are newbies to seasoned veterans. During this 3 km (1.8 mile) descent of the canyon you will use a variety of techniques. In order to safely descend and exit the canyon you will need to put your mind and body to the test. This excursion covers everything from sliding through stone walls, to jumping into pools of water, and climbing over rocks. Snake Gorge has something for everybody.
Remember that the canyoning adventures in Oman start early in order to beat the heat of the midday sun! Don’t forget to get your caffeine fix because you will be in for a morning of non-stop fun!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 6:00am Meet in local office in Muscat to start your adventure.
- Drive by minibus for just under two hours to the starting point in Wadi Bimmah.
- Gear up and safety brief.
- Start with small abseiling, and hike, swim, slide into the canyon.
- Drive back to Muscat.
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to Muscat, English speaking certified guides, top quality gear, water and soft drinks.
- Exclusion: Alcoholic drinks, tips, and personal expenses.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 30 day(s) or more in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 29 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 15 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"Incredible trip to Snake CanyonWe went to snake canyon with Chris and Gareth. They were very professional, well prepared and most importantly took safety very seriously. They are also a lot of fun! We hiked, abseiled, jumped and swam - the canyon is breathing taking! We very really enjoyed the whole experience we would highly recommend!!"