The Caving in Oman: Explore Al Hoota
Discover the famous Al Hoota Cave.
Hike and abseil down beautiful wadis, aka ‘canyons’.
Adventure through lakes located within the cave.
Explore the cave system with a specialized team that focuses on safety and customer satisfaction.
CAVING IN OMAN: EXPLORE AL HOOTAThe Caving in Oman: Explore Al Hoota expedition is an underground adventure unlike any other. This epic journey into the underground features abseiling, climbing, and trekking. Learn about the fascinating species of life and rock that grow within the cave and make your way across the cave’s dark wet crevices!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEIt’s no secret that Al Hoota is a special and exciting cave. Locals love exploring the area and slowly but surely the system is gaining popularity among outside tourist. Al Hoota’s lower section is where most of the action happens. This area has been opened as a show cave, and now contains concrete walkways and lighting rigs which allow for easier access and visibility, especially for those who are less adventurous. Although the lower section is interesting, we know the Wildthentic traveller is looking for more excitement and authenticity. Thankfully the upper portion of the cave remains untouched therefore there are natural sections of the cave perfect for exploration.
The upper sections of the Al Hoota cave system offer fantastic natural playgrounds.The real fun begins once you reach this area and begin your short hike down the wadis. The hike is then followed by a 6 meter abseil which connects you to one of the cave’s natural entrances. Once in the cave, you will embark on another longer abseil before reaching total darkness. This is when the exciting excursion begins. Adventure through enormous chambers and narrow passages. Jump and scale over massive boulders, weave through stunning columns of calcite.
You will also be one of the few spectators who will get to visit the Al Hoota lake which is home to the rare and protected blind cave fish.
The Caving in Oman: Explore Al Hoota experience ends will a walk through the cave’s old passageway as it winds back up through some impressively large chambers and modernized sections!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
This Caving in Oman: Explore Al Hoota experience is a four-hour-long excursion that takes you through magical and mysterious underground crevices. The adventure gives you a glimpse of what it’s like to be a professional explorer. The thrill of the unknown, combined with the adrenaline abseiling provides and the security of having professional guides nearby, makes for the perfect caving excursion. Discover beautiful rock formations, vast chambers, narrow pathways, unique plants, and wildlife!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 6:00am Meet in local office in Muscat to start your adventure.
- Drive by minibus for two hours to the starting point in Al Hoota (different section from the cave than the main tourist area).
- Gear up and safety brief.
- Start with small abseiling and explore the undergrounds.
- Drive back to Muscat.
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to Muscat, English speaking certified guides, top quality gear, water and soft drinks.
- Exclusion: Alcoholic drinks, tips, and personal expenses.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 30 day(s) or more in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 29 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 15 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"Three words: Chris & Bex awesomeThis is my first review on TripAdvisor and I’m doing this just to say how amazing…our two guides were in our cave exploring adventure. This was me and my friends first climbing and cave experience and Chris and Bex were amazing and very professional with us. They made sure we were always safe and capable in whatever obstacle was in front of us and gave assistance when needed, we were also able to learn about the different techniques of climbing, knot making, and the do's and don’ts outdoors added to the feeling of being an explorer. This was an amazing trip that we will definitely remember and would definitely recommend this any outdoor lover, truly memorable."
January 16th 2018