COSTA RICA RAFTING ADVENTURE, TENORIO
Raft over 20 of Tenorio’s most exciting Class III and IV rapids
Visit the breathtaking Cascabel waterfall
Scenic 4x4 ride over the Tenorio River
Enjoy a traditional Costa Rican lunch
COSTA RICA RAFTING ADVENTURE, TENORIO RIVERThe Tenorio River, located in Costa Rica’s north-western Guanacaste region, is one of the country’s most famous waterways. Not to mention, Guanacaste is the perfect area for outdoor activities considering it is Costa Rica’s most sparely populated province. Tenorio is also the name of the town and volcano located near the river. The area is known for its lush surroundings, spectacular scenery, and thrilling rapids.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEGet ready to discover the magic of Guanacaste! This rafting day tour takes you through the exhilarating rapids of the Tenorio River where you will get to witness some of the world’s most epic flora and fauna. Paddling among these Class III and IV white-water rapids should be on everyone’s bucket list. This Tenorio River Rafting Adventure in Guanacaste experience is not only perfect for people of all ages over 6, it is also a wonderful way to witness much of Costa Rica’s magnificent beauty!
This Costa Rica Rafting Adventure is done as part of your journey between Guanacaste and La Fortuna / Arenal. Make the most of your travel time!The day begins with a pick up from your hotel where we will take you across the region’s stunning Costa Rican backroads. Along the way you will enjoy incredible views of gorgeous mountains and welcoming villages. Once we reach Tenorio we will get onto 4x4s and ride along the bridge that goes over the Tenorio River. Once we arrive at the river, our guides will brief you on rafting safety as well as provide you with a few tips before you begin your fabulous 2.5-hour long journey down one of Costa Rica’s most famous rivers! During your Tenorio River Rafting Adventure in Guanacaste you will get to see the impressive canyon of the Tenorio River as well as many different types of flora and fauna. You will be surrounded by lush greenery, low hanging vines, colourful birds, curious monkeys and a wide range of other types of wildlife. You will speed down rapids and experience an adrenaline rush like never before. The cherry on top of this tour is getting to see the magnificent Cascabel waterfall. This waterfall boasts a 10-foot drop!
Once the tour is over, you will get to change out of your wet clothes and enjoy a delicious traditional Costa Rican lunch!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 6:30am Pick up at your hotel in Guanacaste to start your adventure.
- Drive by minibus to the starting point.
- Gear up and safety brief.
- Carry the raft to the river and paddle for two hours.
- Fresh fruits and drinks at the end with changing facilities.
- Traditional Costa Rican lunch at the end of the excursion.
- Drive to the next destination La Fortuna.
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to La Fortuna connecting to/from Guanacaste, lunch, English speaking certified guides, top quality gear, hot drinks and snacks.
- Exclusion: Alcoholic drinks, tips, and personal expenses.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"Tenorio Rafting Adventure Connection - with kidsBooked the rafting adventure connection from Guanacaste to Arenal. I liked the idea of combining an activity with a travel day to get the most out of our time in Costa Rica…We were picked up at our hotel in the morning and met up with other rafters at a central location before being taken to the river drop off. Here, we received instructions and paired up with guides. Our guide, Louis, was fantastic!!! He could see I was apprehensive with our 8-year-old, and took good care of her the entire rafting trip (as well as the rest of us!). The entire family had so much fun, they kept asking to go again. My 8-year-old, in particular, liked the big drop near the end! After rafting, we met back at the drop off point for lunch where a private driver was waiting to transport our family the rest of the way to our Arenal hotel. It was so nice to have a quiet, professional transfer after a long day of sun and rafting. Our driver even offered to stop at a local coffee stop along the way for a break. I would definitely recommend an […] adventure connection to anyone looking to combine fun and adventure with a travel day!"