Desert glamping, stargazing, & camel riding - 2 days
Night-time camel ride through the magnificent desert
Stay in a luxurious glamping dome in the middle of Wadi Rum
Tour around ancient rock inscriptions
Stargaze in an incredibly remote location with absolutely no light pollution
Night Glamping, Star Gazing & Camel Riding Experience
This experience is totally dedicated to the desert.
Bask in the complexity of Wadi Rum’s arid land while walking among the same paths the famous T.E Lawrence, aka Lawrence of Arabia, once did. Feel as if you are on another planet as you wander around the red sand floors of The Valley of The Moon. Indulge in Arabian life, with its bright sky and Bedouin culture, while desert glamping in style and comfort.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This unique Jordan adventure begins with a dinner and night camel ride, because as the movies and ancient desert people have taught us, one cannot adventure through the desert without a camel!
Once your magical camel ride is over you will head back to camp and prepare for the spectacle of the evening, brought to you by Mother Nature and her stars. Brace yourself for a night of stargazing and awe. You will find yourself in the middle of the desert with absolutely no light pollution to impede on your galaxy gawking.
Day two is dedicated to jeep tours and walking! Experience the thrill of going on various walks through the Wadi Rum Desert. Visit stunning naturally occurring formations such as rock bridges and eroded cliffs. Visit the Abu Khashaba canyon, ride around the massif of Jebel Burda, and pass by Lawrence House. You will also get to see incredible ancient rock inscriptions left by the Nabateans.
You will get to experience all of these natural treasures while also taking camping to the next level…can you say desert glamping?! Our glamping Eco domes are so special they’ll change the way you look at travel forever. The spectacular bubble room design offers you the opportunity to enjoy endless views of the Wadi Rum Desert landscape as well as its breathtaking starlit night sky.
WHY IS THIS A
Forget about modern day life and focus on the natural. This fantastic experience provides you with the opportunity to stay in a world class hotel and unique lodge.
Enjoy the peaceful surroundings of the Wadi Rum Desert. Feel the magic of the Arabian nights as well as the excitement of daytime hikes among ancient rock formations. When in Jordan do as the Bedouins do!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Afternoon pick up at Wadi Rum Rest House and transfer to your luxury glamping lodge by 4x4
- Enjoy traditional Arabic coffee and meet local Bedouins before to explore the desert walking
- Enjoy a traditional dinner in the desert under the stars accompanied with sweet mint tea
- After dinner go on a unique camel ride by night following the stars and moonlight. (approx. 1 hours)
- Spend the night stargazing from your comfortable eco dome with sky roof
- After breakfast, 30 minutes jeep tour in the desert
- A 45-minute walk in Jebel Um Fruth Arch
- Drive to Abu Khashaba Canyon and walk around the area’s cliffs
- Drive to Jebel Burda and walk to famous rock bridge with stunning views
- Lunch in the shade
- Afternoon drive past Lawrence’s house, ancient rick inscriptions, and sand dunes
- Drop off at Wadi Rum Rest House
- Price based on 2 people sharing
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to Wadi Rum rest House, all meals, hot drinks and snacks, camel ride, park fees, English-speaking guide, 1-night accommodation in luxury domes, and jeep tour.
- Exclusion: Alcoholic drinks, Transfer to/From Wadi Rum Rest House, tips, personal expenses.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 60 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a USD300 cancellation fee. If you cancel between 59 and 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 29 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS IN THE DESERT
Truly this visit exceeded all expectations, especially because of the staff associated with the property. What seemed what it might be a problem venturing completely unknowing into the desert was all a breeze. Picked up in the small city centre, comfortable ride to the site, a welcome lunch, and tea, a simply terrific and Warm room, ride directly to a camel ride and a perfect one hour truck tour of the spectacular desert views - including opportunities to get out and walk, stand in awe, climb and take photos. Did I mention the dinner and breakfast? Both wonderful and well-presented in a spacious dining tent. Not sure what the reviewer said about shared bathrooms. Ours in the regular tents were certainly part of the main space. And they provided simply perfect warm overcoats for the journeys. A modestly-priced and top of the line opportunity with simply genuine hosts. So glad we learned about it!!!"