el chaltén rafting EXPERIENCE - full day
World class white water rafting
Breathtaking scenery with world famous Fitzroy Mountain
Visit Los Glaciares National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Uncover El Chaltén the colourful Patagonian village
EL CHALTÉN RAFTING EXPERIENCE
Not only is El Chaltén a wonderful place to visit it is also a wonderful place for sports and activities.This impressive town, once considered to be the second-best city in the world to know, has it all. El Chaltén not only offers world class rafting but it also has art, culture, and incredible food. Visit this quaint village and we promise you’ll want to find an excuse to come back.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEEl Chaltén in Argentina is a magical place. It is the perfect place to go if you’d like to unwind and become one with your surrounds. There are few towns that offer the same amount of beauty and luster as this one does. Not only is this village costal it is also home to a stunning river and various waterways. The combination of all these aspects is what makes rafting El Chaltén so perfect and worthy of a full day’s attention. The mixing of excitement with beauty is what renders this town unforgettable.
Rafting in El Chaltén offers more than a day sport, it is an experienceA trip to El Chaltén offers tranquillity, connectivity, and inspiration. This village takes natural beauty so seriously that even its cables are buried beneath the earth as to not contaminate the landscape. It is a place where all plants and animals are 100% indigenous to the area. Which is why we are so passionate about offering an authentic experience in an authentic place. El Chaltén rafting experience teleports you to another world. A world that is full of twists, turns, fresh water, and nature’s guidance. Once you arrive to El Chaltén, our guides will recommend the best trails around for you to enjoy. Make sure to listen so you can fully embrace the mystical and magical landscape of Patagonia. Embrace being in the nation’s trekking capitol! But, do not forget to save some energy. The real adventure, rafting El Chaltén, begins in the afternoon. First, acquaint yourself with your raft. Part one of the expedition consists of four kilometres of calm and winding waters. Then, once you feel up to it and in control, you will launch into an incredibly fun and fast-paced descent. Rest assured, experienced guides as well as the most advanced technical equipment on the market will accompany you.
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Our mission is to have you feel as if you aren’t just crashing amongst rock but that you are in fact a part of the water. This intimate and thrilling experience takes place in one of the world´s most beautiful places in Patagonia and quite possibly the world, Los Glaciares National Park a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Experience one of the greatest nature highlights of Argentina, the mind-blowing Perito Moreno Glacier, exclusively, by kayak. A wild and authentic approach, in perfect immersion with the surroundings, enjoying the silence (no engines) only broken by the ice calving and the glacier breathing.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Pick up at the hotels and transfer to El Chaltén (220km).
- 10:30 - Arrival at the base of operations in El Chaltén Welcome and a light lunch. The guides suggest short trails to do on your own until the time of the activity.
- From 10:30 to 15:00 – Time to discover El Chaltén
- We recommend you visit the village or some of the short self-guided hiking trails that make El Chaltén so famous.
- 15:00 - Start of the Rafting activity Meeting with the group at 15:00 at the meeting and setting up point of the technical team Transfer to the entrance to the river and talk from the guide on technique and safety. The adventure begins!
- 18:00 - Return to El Calafate
- 21:00 approx – Arrival at the hotel
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to El Calafate, Lunch box, technical equipment
- Technical equipment provided: Gore-Tex dry suit, life vest, boots and helmet
- Exclusions: Pictures of the experience (optional)
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Today I went rafting in El Chaltén with this company. It was a wonderful experience. The guides are super professional. Loli a genius! I look forward to the photos."