ESTANCIA CRISTINA EXPERIENCE - 2 DAYS
Arrival can only occur via boat with Upsala Glacier visible in the distance
Feel like a ‘gaucho’ staying in an authentic cattle ranch
Visit to Los Glaciares National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Exclusive access to 22,000 hectares of private land with incredible outdoor activities
ESTANCIA CRISTINA EXPERIENCE
Estancia Cristina Lodge is a place of peace and silence located north of Lago Argentina.The Norte, Pfifter and Moyano mountains as well as their hanging glaciers are what surround the area. The proximity to a natural phenomenon such as Los Glaciares National Park is part of what makes this piece of Earth so very special. It is Estancia Cristina’s job to remind you that profound beauty exists in the world and that we don’t always need distractions in order to stay entertained.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEStaying at Estancia Cristina is a privilege for most. There is more to an escape than just going somewhere different. An escape must offer tranquillity and the opportunity for intense connection to your inner self. Therefore, we believe spending a night in Estancia Cristina Lodge, located in Patagonia, Argentina, is a true escape. The lodge allows for you to disconnect from the world and the social atmosphere found in today’s modern way of living. Also, the lodge allows for you to reconnect with Nature, yourself, and silence. These three aspects of life are often overlooked. To get there, you embark from El Calafate and sail through Lago Argentina up to the Upsala Canal. You will admire icebergs and the landscapes that surround you. This in itself is a magnificent experience. Our guides will have you arrive in the afternoon. This allows you enough time to do whatever activities interest you. Do not be in a hurry. Whatever you don’t get to can be done the next day since all of this is included in the price. Trekking is highly recommended. In addition, Estancia Cristina offers walks of varied difficulty. During these walks you will discover the fauna and flora native to the Glaciers National Park. You also have the option of touring the land on 4×4. You can also reach unexpected places by horse riding. Expect wading through streams and rivers as you make out to the Andes Range. Take your time as you embrace the sights and sounds of native birds. Fish in Rio Caterina or Laguna de la Pesca. Try to hook a Chinook Salmon or Rainbow Trout, both of which are abundant in the region. Remember that here you will get an authentic Argentine stay in the middle of nowhere. As a result, Estancia Cristina offers a different concept of luxury. Since Estancia Cristina is a fascinating place full of history, it is best enjoyed the Wildthentic Way.
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Escape from the trials and tribulations of everyday life and set your soul on fire. Estancia Cristina is a private 20,000-hectare portion of land that is home to rivers, animals, views of snow-covered mountains and the famous Los Glaciares National Park. The Estancia Cristina Lodge is located in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness, next to Upsala Glacier and can only be accessed via a boat, sailing through gigantic icebergs! This marvellous adventure is unique and inspiring from beginning to end.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:00h Pick up from your hotel in El Calafate.
- 8:00h Arrival to Punta Banderas harbour.
- 8:30h Depart from the harbour sailing Lake Argentino, Upsala and Cristina channel
- 11:30h Arrival to Estancia Cristina’s harbour
- Rest of the day: Visit of Estancia Cristina, excursions and meals.
- Night at one of the Estancia Cristina’s traditional Lodges
- Day 2: Enjoy Estancia Cristina at your rhythm (relax, excursions, etc)
- Day 2 -17:30h Return to Punta Banderas
- Day 2 -19:00h Arrival to Punta Banderas
- Day 2 – 20:00h Arrival to the Departure Hotel
- Regular in/out transfer from and to Punta Bandera port
- Sailing Lake Argentino, Upsala and Cristina channel
- Lodge with full board and non-alcoholic beverages during stay
- Experiences and activities at the Estancia (described below)
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park
- Ride to Upsala viewpoint: 4 hours duration.
- Waterfall Cascada de Los Perros: duration 2,5 hours
- Laguna de la Pesca ( fishing lagoon):duration 3 hours
- Mt.Carnero: duration 4,5 hours
- Ice Field view point: duration 3,5 hours(one way)
- Upsala viewpoint: 2,5 hours (one way)
- Cañadón de los Fósiles trek: 6 hours duration (departure is with a 4x4wheel drive.)
- Waterfall Cascada de los Perros: 2 hours duration
- Cristina View point: 5/7 hours duration
- Laguna de la Pesca ( fishing lagoon): 2,5 hours duration
- Caterina river
- Laguna de la Pesca (lagoon)
- Bikes at client’s disposal to ride the valley.
- Exclusions: Alcoholic beverages. Laundry. Tips. Extras.
- Services & Facilities: The Estancia has 20 rooms distributed in 5 cabins with stunning views of Mt Norte, Pfifter and Moyano and its hanging glaciers. Satellite phone and internet are available in the Octagon (common areas). Electricity is provided by a power generator that runs off at night. Every room has an illumination system through solar energy.
- Recommendations: Weather: In Southern Patagonia the weather can change radically several times a day. In summer the temperature is about 18º (when there is over 17 hours of light day) and it does not reach 2º in winter time. In order to enjoy the sailing among the glaciers, we recommend bringing sunglasses and sun block cream/bar. Clothing: We recommend wearing comfortable & loose clothing (waterproof and wind-stopper if possible), trekking boots or adequate walking shoes. Gloves, hat, scarf and sunglasses are required.
- Voucher info You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Outstanding visit. The location, scenery and opportunities for wonderful hikes are unmatched. And the staff were highly professional and attentive. The food and dining were of high quality. Strongly recommend."