Fly, Hike & cruise Milford Sound
Explore Perito Moreno Glacier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Kayak in front of the massive ice wall and feel the glacier breathing
Walk within Los Glaciares National Park
Stay in the charming Patagonia town of El Calafate
FLY, HIKE & CRUISE MILFORD SOUND
If you have been in Patagonia, Argentina, then you know that Perito Moreno Glacier is an absolute must in your bucket list for any nature-lover.
Perito Moreno Glacier, with its staggering 250 square kilometres of ice formation and towering 74 metres height above the water, is renowned for its active behaviour as the ice can move up to two metres a day, while its mass retract from about the same, creating spectacular ice falls. The glacier itself is an extraordinary site to be seen at least once in a lifetime, but its surroundings with snow peaked mountains is also awe-inspiring.
We are excited to offer you a new way to take in the breathtaking beauty of the towering Perito Moreno Glacier, at water level, by kayak. This is an experience that should not be missed!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This is a unique excursion in Perito Moreno, the first time anyone is ever able to kayak in this highly protected area and with a fantastic team of expert guides who were running the very successful Upsala Kayak Experience until the melting ice and retracting glacier created the need for an alternative. And what an alternative!
The Perito Moreno Kayak Experience is a full day from your hotel in El Calafate, taking you to kayak in front of the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier, at water level, with no engine but silence only broken by the ice calving. It is not necessary to have experience on the activity and the technical equipment is included.
After an hour drive to the park we welcome to our lovely dome where our expert guides will explain the techniques of the activity and security measures with a warm up before starting our expedition on the kayaks, surrounded by outstanding landscape and mountains. We paddle in Lago Argentino and across the north side of the glacier, for up to two hours approximately (depending on weather conditions and physical conditions of the group) with the exceptional view of the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Parque Nacional de Los Glaciares.
If you don’t have any previous experience on the activity, don’t worry about it, the paddling pace will be slow and our team is always checking and adjusting to the group’s physical level.
After the kayaking experience, we all return to our dome, where your packed lunch (meat or vegetarian Sandwich + petit four + fruit + beverage) will be provided along with hot drinks and snacks.
You will have plenty of time to explore the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage site of Perito Moreno Glacier after your excursion and walk the dedicated footbridge for an astonishing view of the site.
We reunite at the dome at 17:30 before to head back to town. It will take approximately one and a half hours to drive back to your hotel in El Calafate. The experience is special in that it is intimate with only 16 passengers plus our staff. Remember, Perito Moreno Kayaking Experience is available daily from August till May.
WHY IS THIS A
Experience one of the greatest nature highlight of Argentina, the mind-blowing Perito Moreno Glacier, exclusively, by kayak. A wild and authentic approach, in perfect immersion with the surroundings, enjoying the silence (no engines) only broken by the ice calving and the glacier breathing.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:30 Pick up at the hotels and transfer to Los Glaciares National Park, Pasarelas car park (76km).
- 9:30 Arrive at Perito Moreno Glacier, free time on the footbridge with great viewpoints of the glacier with two hours to explore the breathtaking surroundings.
- 11:30 Meeting point at the base of operations. Welcome at our dome. Meeting with the group in the dome to get dressed and have the briefing about the activity then walk to the entrance of the river and talk from the guide on technique and safety.
- 11:30 Meeting point at the base of operations. Welcome at our dome. Meeting with the group in the dome to get dressed and have the briefing about the activity then walk to the entrance of the river and talk from the guide on technique and safety.The adventure begins!
- From 12:30-14:00 – kayaking in Lago Argentino in front of Perito Moreno Glacier.
- 14:00 Return to the dome, get changed and collect your USB with great memories of the activity.
- 15:00 – Meet at the dome and return to El Calafate
- 17:00 approx – Arrival at the hotel
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to El Calafate, Lunch box, technical equipment provided: Gore-Tex dry suit, life vest, boots and helmet
- Exclusions: Pictures of the experience (optional)
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" In promotion and of advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product. "