Fly, Hike & cruise Milford Sound
Experience the world-famous Milford Track, guided and exclusive (by foot)
Fly over the 548 metre Sutherland Falls (by air)
Enjoy spectacular views of the Fiorland National Park & Milford Sound
Witness scenic highlights like; Bowen Falls, Mount Pembroke, and Mitre Peak from the sea (by sea)
FLY, HIKE & CRUISE MILFORD SOUND
Walk the Milford Track, cruise around the Milford Sound, and take on a scenic flight over Fiordland!
This incredible full day adventure takes the best three activities New Zealand has to offer and combines them in order to create the perfect excursion. This Fly, Hike, & Cruise Milford Sound Experience is one of a kind. Did you know that some people have had to wait up to a year to book a spot on the Milford Track? Well, join us and we promise no reservation is needed and we will keep the group small. We feel that such a highlight as Milford Sound deserves to be experienced from all possible ways; by air, by land and from the sea, to fully embrace the unique beauty of this extraordinary site.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEThis adventure begins with a scenic flight from Queenstown airport over Wakatipu Basin into Fiordland and Southern Alps. We promise these views will blow you away…and that’s only the beginning. Once we arrive to Milford Sound we will take a short boat ride that will lead us to the Milford Track. We will unload and begin our hiking adventure! Get ready for the greatest walk New Zealand has to offer. This three-and-a-half-hour guided walk along the Milford Track takes you all the way from where we landed to the paths halfway point. This is where Giant Gate waterfall is located.
On this trip you will get to walk the Milford Track, cruise around the Milford Sound, and take on a scenic flight over Fiordland!Once our walk is finished we will then transfer back to the boat terminal where we will begin our scenic cruise. There is a lot to see in Milford Sound which is why you will have an informative guide on board with you. You will get to learn about the area while also seeing highlights like the beautiful Bowen Falls, the spectacular snow-capped Mount Pembroke, and the towering Mitre Peak. The Fly, Hike, & Cruise Milford Sound Experience ends with a cherry on top. After walking all day and seeing sights from the ground and sea-level, you will get to end on a literal high note. We will fly back over the Milford Track only to witness the breathtaking Sutherland Falls. This experience allows you to see mountains, glaciers, lakes, and forest from all angles!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
This experience grants you access to incredible sights and Sounds (pardon the pun, we couldn’t help ourselves). You will get to walk the famous Milford Track and skip the wait! You will also cruise Milford Sound, and witness spectacular sight of Fiordland from the sky and many scenic highlights.
You will have an informative nature guide with you on your cruise that will make sure you don’t miss a thing. The hike, flight and cruise have strict traveller numbers that ensure you will have an intimate experience of Milford Sound along with various photo opportunities.
This experience encapsulates some of the best experiences New Zealand has to offer and compresses them into a day plus you get to enjoy amazing scenery from above! Birds eye views of Fiordland!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:30 Pick up at your hotel in Queenstown and drive to the airport
- 7:45 Arrive at the airport and go through intensive safety briefing
- 8:00 Depart 20 minutes flight over Fiordland to Milford Sound
- 8:45 Short boat ride to the start of Milford Track where you meet your nature guide and head on your 3.5-hour walk.
- 13:35 Head to the boat terminal and board your small vessel for a two-hour cruise of the sound.
- Get back on the small aircraft for your 20 minutes scenic flight home.
- Estimated arrival time is around 5pm.
- Inclusions: nature guides, interpretative walk and two-hour guided cruise + entrance fees for Milford Track and Milford Sound, return transfer from hotel, 40 minutes return chartered flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound, picnic lunch box.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities. Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel more than 24hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
Great fly walk cruise fly experience!
The entire experience was extremely well organized. We organized our trip to NZ around this experience and understood that there could be cancellations due to weather. […] staff kept us updated and we were able to fly to Milford a few days after our original planned flight. The flight was amazing and the walk was great because of our tour guide, Mark. We walked for about 1 hour at a healthy clip to view a beautiful waterfall and stopped for about 30 minutes, then walked back. The cruise was wonderful too, we saw dolphins and seals. On the way back, we flew a different way and had amazing views. It was a packed day and a great experience overall.