FUTALEUFÚ RAFTING & ADVENTURE WEEK IN STYLE
Grade IV white-water rafting on Futaleufú with option of a grade V with highly certified guides
Exclusive Stand up paddle boarding on Lago Obsession
Inflatable kayaking (duckying) and cliff jumping in a slot canyon
Stay in unique lodges along Futaleufú River
FUTALEUFÚ RAFTING & ADVENTURE WEEK IN STYLE
This nine-day multi-lodge Futaleufú rafting trip is action packed.
The experience is more than just a beautiful rafting adventure, it is the only trip that utilizes five lodges as you journey down the Fu. You will get to go canyoneering, inflatable kayaking and or duckying, trekking, cycling, and paddle boarding all while staying in one of the most spectacular places on earth. There’s a reason Futaleufú is famous for its beauty and outdoor adventures… Come see for yourself!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Futaleufú Rafting & Adventure Week in Style is designed to offer the maximum amount of adventure with the least amount of driving without compromising your level of comfort. Once you arrive at your first destination you will be met with activity after activity. You will enjoy constant stimulation without having to worry about wasting your vacation time while travelling to the next destination. This experience is for the adventurous traveller who enjoys spending the day in the rugged outdoors yet also appreciates the comfort of sleeping and waking up in a beautiful boutique lodge.
The week in Futaleufú starts as follow, once you land in Puerto Montt airport and transfer to Puerto Varas, you will be met in our hotel where the trip starts. You will get a chance to explore the fabulous Chilean town before and or after the welcome dinner.
The next day is also dedicated to travel as you take a 45-minute commuter flight to Chaiten over the spectacular mountains and rugged Patagonian coastline. You will also get a view of the incredible Chaiten Volcano before landing. Then we go on a mini 3-hour-long road trip, where you can enjoy the splendid scenery, until reaching our Futaleufú destination. Once we arrive at Fu we will have our rafting safety review. Two safety catarafts will escort you down the river. There we go down the exciting Mundoca, Wina and Tiburon rapids. Once the review is over and you feel comfortable in the craft we then drive to our quaint bed and breakfast located on the outskirts of town. The private location offers peace, tranquillity, and professionally cooked meals. There is also an on-property yoga studio.
Day three begins with a bike ride to the fantastic Rio Espolon where you will take an inflatable kayak (ducky) class II/III just below the class 6 cataract called “Dragon’s Throat”. We will spend the rest of the day kayaking and hiking before reaching our next lodging destination. This lodge offers 180-degree views of the Futaleufú Valley and contains an expansive deck complete with hot tub and infinity pool. This location is so good you might not ever want to leave, but as you have imagined…it only gets better.
Day four is when the serious action begins. This is the day when you have the option to run the class V Infierno Canyon. We raft among 3+ rapids before reaching our first cliff jumping area and commencing our rafting series once again. The area we cover is not only beautiful, it is perfect. You will be rafting and jumping into crystal turquoise waters while being surrounded by slate grey rocks and lush greenery. Our day ends near the gorgeous Lago Loncanao where you will rest in one of the 5-star cottages located among the upper and lower sections of the Futaleufú Canyons.
Day five starts with mountain biking through lovely farms and dense forest to reach our kayaking destination where we spend four hours navigating down the class III rapids of the Azul. You’re in for a treat, this Azul River is one of the most beautiful Class III beginner inflatable kayak runs in the world.
More biking and rafting awaits us on day six. After a safety briefing we begin an incredible journey through a hidden cleft in the Patagonian Andes. The only way to get across this spectacular location is by putting your body to work by hiking, climbing, swimming, and rappelling. Before exiting the canyon, we will board our rafts and run some of the most exhilarating rapids on the trip, with the biggest waves! After an epic day of action-packed thrills, we will head to a spectacular lodge located in its own private valley encircled by mountains and remarkable vistas.
Day seven will take your breath away. After breakfast we hike through the astonishing Azul River Valley where we pass waterfalls, steep cliffs, and impressive flora before arriving to the magnificent Lago Obsession. This blue lake will captivate you as you gawk in the scenery of such a rarely visited area within Patagonia. We spend the day adventuring and stand up paddle boarding within this exquisite area. The experience will be other-worldly, we promise.
Day eight is the last day of adventure. After breakfast we will take a short 10-minute bike ride to the river where we will run a dozen major rapids including; Puente Colgante, Alfombra Majica, El Cojin, Toro, Mundoca, Wina, and Tiburon, among others. We will bask in the areas impressive scenery before reaching the motor boats that will then take us on an hourlong ride dedicated to overviewing and highlighting the most astonishing views we’ve all shared in the last week. Our last lodge is located within thousands of acres of private land, on the edge of Yelcho Lake. Here is where we all share stories, reflect on our time together, and take part in a farewell dinner before our next day departure.
Day nine we leave after breakfast and transfer back to Chaiten airport where we board our flight back to Puerto Montt. This is where we wave good bye as some continue their travels in Chile while others are flying home.
Note: Weather is unpredictable and can sometimes cause changes in scheduling. We offer various adventure options in the occasion that rapids are too high or there are weather induced complications.
Also, this particular experience was chosen to belong to the Wildthentic catalogue because we believe that out of all the adventures offered, this one is most respectful to nature and falls directly in line with our philosophy and advocacy toward nature and community conservation.
WHY IS THIS A
Futaleufú Rafting & Adventure Week experience is the only one of its kind. This 9-day adventure is the only one in the area to offer stays at five different luxury lodges along the Futaleufú River as well as offer stand up paddle boarding on Lago Obsession, one of the most dramatic bodies of water in all of Patagonia. If you’re looking to have once-in-a-lifetime outdoor adventures in a breathtaking area, welcome, you’ve come to the right place.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Transfer (on your own) from Puerto Montt airport to Puerto Varas.
- Meet in the evening at hotel in Puerto Varas and go out for dinner.
- Transfer to Puerto Montt airport, scenic 45m minutes flight to Chaiten.
- Drive three hours to Futaleufú, rafting safety brief and first run down the river before checking into your cosy and stylish boutique lodge.
- Dinner at the lodge and yoga opportunities.
- Mountain biking, inflatable kayak class II/III, and hiking to the luxury lodge
- Dinner and hot tub
- Full day rafting class V Infierno Canyon and cliff jumping
- Check In five-star cottage by the Loncanao Lake
- Biking and kayaking (class III rapids), Rio Azul
- Stay in same cottage by the Loncanao Lake
- Biking, rafting (rapids class III+/IV) and canyoning in Rio Blanco, rapids include the famous Terminator and Himalayas.
- Short drive to the lovely and scenic boutique lodge
- Hiking Azul River Valley to the spectacular Obsession Lake where we do stand-up paddle boarding.
- Stay in the same boutique lodge
- Full day white-water rafting going down 12 rapids, including Puente Colgante, Alfombra Majica, El Cojin, Toro, Mundoca, Wina, and Tiburon, among others.
- Transfer by boat to the last boutique lodge located within thousands of acres of private land, on the edge of Yelcho Lake.
- After breakfast we transfer to Chaiten airport and fly back to Puerto Montt
- The tour ends at Puerto Montt airport, each following his own journey.
- Inclusions: certified and highly qualified guides, return flight Puerto Montt to Chaiten, one night hotel in Puerto Varas and 7 nights boutique lodges along Futaleufú River, gear (wetsuit, life jacket, helmet), all meals, road transfers.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 120 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is only a US$150 cancellation fee. If you cancel between 119 and 90 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a US$1,000 cancellation fee. If you cancel between 89 and 50 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 49 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" We just returned from a week rafting Futaleufú [...]The whole experience was flawless. Starting with the booking experience where we were sent very clear instructions and even help to order the essential equipment....to the fantastic guides that were a wealth of knowledge and kept the delicate balance between keeping us safe but allowing us to have fun....and going the extra mile to organise a day of fly fishing....it was all perfect […] We are experienced travellers and we can say that they are one of the best adventure companies that we dealt with. Thoroughly recommended"