Glacier Grey Ice Hiking
Hike on the famous Grey Glacier
Visit the beautiful island of Nunatak
Observe spectacular sights of cracks, rivers, lagoons, and tunnels
Expert guide provided for every 6 people
Glacier Grey Ice Hiking Experience
We invite you to get directly into all the action with our Glacier Grey Ice Hiking Experience. This 5-hour adventure is jampacked with icy goodness. Prepared to be blown away with mind-blowing sights, expert guides, and intimate groups. You will get to see one of the world’s most famous glaciers up close and personal.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Go back to simpler times and forget that modern day society exists. This Glacier Grey Ice Hiking Experience ensures that there will be nothing between you and Nature for at least 3 hours.
First, we will walk around and discover the inspiring icy blue island of Nunatak. We will hike across Nunatak for about an hour, so that you can fully embrace the area’s wild and pristine beauty before reaching the magnificent Glacier Grey.
We will spend about 2 and a half hours walking around and observing the glacier. You will get to gawk at the out-of-this-world colours featured in the glacier, its cracks, as well as the stunning motion and blues found within surrounding lagoons and tunnels. We promise that Ice Hiking Glacier Grey will be an adventure to remember. We invite you to come and taste the spirit of this amazing glacier in Patagonia.
Please keep in mind that this experience is demanding and requires travellers be in good shape. It is important that you take the level of physical activity required seriously. Take the experiences’ challenges into consideration and please make sure to contact us if you have any questions or doubts… We look forward to reaching new heights with you!
WHY IS THIS A
Enjoy one of the most unique experiences Southern Patagonia has to offer. This one of a kind adventure offers action, awe, intimacy, and one on one time with one of nature’s greatest giants, the glacier. Hiking Glacier Grey is one of the most specular activities you can partake in, partly because of the beautiful region the glacier is located in.
It is also a different way to experience Torres del Paine from the usual trekking the W or las Torres and show you a unique perspective of this spectacular area. Enjoy Patagonia in all its Grey splendour.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 8:00 Meet at local base near Refugio Grey
- Try on the gear (crampons, ice axes…) and walk for one hour to Islatak Island.
- Put on the crampons and start hiking on ice for around 2.5 hours into Glacier Grey
- End at local base near Refugio Grey
- Inclusions: English speaking certified guides, transfer from/to the boat, equipment, free training, educational talk and safety briefing.
- Technical equipment provided: crampons, ice axes, helmet, climbing harness with gear loops.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"Experience the ice!
What an incredible excursion! Unlike other treks or tours in Torres del Paine, with this company you actually get to walk out onto Glacier Grey, experiencing the ice first hand. I was totally blown away by the depth of the crevasses and the richness of the colors that you see inside them. Cramponing across the glacier is the only way to really appreciate how special it is. Highly recommended."