GOLDEN CIRCLE & BLUE ICE ESCAPE
- 3 DAYS
Hike stunning Ice Cave & Glacier
See the magical Northern Lights
Visit Golden Circle Key Highlights, Gullfoss waterfall & famous Geysir, and the stunning Diamond Beach
Small intimate group with highly-qualified local guides and comfortable country lodge
GOLDEN CIRCLE & BLUE ICE ESCAPE
perfect winter ablolute best off iceland, 3 days to experience the greatest highlights
This magnificent 3-day adventure takes you across Iceland’s southern coast, all the way from Reykjavík to Jökulsárlón. This Golden Circle & Blue Ice Adventure gives you a complete tour around Iceland’s spectacular highlights. This is a must do for people looking to get the most out of a short trip. During this getaway you will get to see waterfalls, spouting hot springs, glaciers, black beaches, naturally made blue ice caves and breathtaking aurora borealis!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Now, this is what we call an epic adventure. The Golden Circle & Blue Ice Escape is designed to give you the most bang for your buck while also keeping you away from the heavy tourist crowds.
Day one focuses on geology, history, geysers and waterfalls.
You will be picked up at your accommodation before 9 o’clock. Then you will head towards Thingvellir National Park and follow the faults and fissures. Here you will learn about the UNESCO World Heritage Site’s incredible history and hopefully walk away from the park with a new sense of adventure. Once you have completed your fascinating and interactive lesson you make your way toward the Geysir geothermal area. Here you will witness the power and grandeur of nature. Watch as Strokkur sprays and spouts meters into the air! Then later you go together to the world famous Gullfoss Waterfall. After your awe subsides a bit, you drive along Iceland’s incredible coast until reaching Kirkjubæjarklaustur, where you spend the night and enjoy the fantastic rustic environment. Ah, and of course, you will go in search of the Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights.
Day two is the day where you go ice caving.
It begins with a ride down Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier! Your first destination will be the incredible Glacier Lagoon of Jökulsárlón. Here you will get to see massive icebergs floating among the pristine blue water… a magical sight. This peaceful moment offers the perfect time to settle down, connect with nature, and embrace your surroundings. Later, you begin your short walk to yet other magical destination with icebergs as well as black sand beaches! Diamond Beach is a place of surreal contrast, the glass like ice against the dark sand is absolutely striking. You will also get to adventure into some wonderous ice caves! This is a day of overwhelming inspiration filled with sights, colours, and textures unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Finally, day three is when we wrap everything up and reflect on the last two days of your Golden Circle & Blue Ice Escape.
On your way back to Reykjavík you will make some noteworthy stops at the black beaches of Vík and Reynisfjara, found along the scenic southern coast. You will also go on a glacier hike, walking with crampons and exploring yet another spectacular glacier known as Sólheimajökull as well as discover two more beautiful waterfalls, Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change and greatly depends on weather conditions.
WHY IS THIS A
Discover the Golden Circle as well as Iceland’s spectacularly scenic southern coast. The Golden Circle & Blue Ice Escape is a wonderful three-day adventure filled with glacier hikes, northern lights, intimate gatherings, waterfall hunting, black beach hopping, and ice cave exploring.
This trip offers you more magic than any other tour in Iceland ever could because we make sure that you experience the highlights in a small and intimate group with some of the most qualified guides and exploring deeper the jewels of the land of ice and fire. This is by far the most complete Icelandic adventure we have ever taken part in.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 8:15 Meet at your hotel pick up stop in Reykjavik
- Scenic drive with your guide and small group to UNESCO site of Thingvellir National park and explore the area
- Continue to Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss waterfall to cover the Golden Circle
- Drive along the south coast to our comfortable rural lodge where we have dinner and spend the night
- After dinner, weather permitting, we go hunting for the Northern Lights
- We drive East to Vatnajökull Glacier and stop at Jökulsárlón Lagoon on the way
- Frome here we walk to the famous Diamond Beach (black sand beach with icebergs). Afternoon tour of the ice caves
- Drive back to the hotel and Northern Lights hunting
- We drive the South Coast and stop on Vík and Reynisfjara black beaches
- We then stop at Glacier Sólheimajökull for our glacier hike
- Visit Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss on the way back to Reykjavik
- Back at your hotel in late afternoon on Day 3
- Inclusions: certified and highly qualified glacier guide, technical glacier equipment (crampons, ice-axes, climbing helmet, climbing harness with gear loops, belay device) breakfast and dinner at the country hotel and return transfer from your hotel door.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, meals, personal expenses, tips and gratuities, single supplement (extra charge).
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 280 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 279 and 60 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 59 and 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 29 and 16 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 75 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 15 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Just the best tour
Our guide Pascale took us everywhere, she was fun knowledgeable and an excellent driver. She picked us on time and was generous with her time for stops and lunches and always gave us plenty of time for tours. She even stopped for spots not on the tour and took us to an Icelandic pool and we bought fireworks and lit them on a parking spot on our way back. On the glacier she took us to beautiful crevices and to escalade a small slope it was great fun but I liked the fact that she was also super serious on security issues and we walked the line on the glacier! She took us to the Ice Cave on the afternoon and we avoided 300 people in the cave in the morning. We had a splendid weather. We renamed the tour as " where's Tracy" and "where are the buggles" and the motto was only drink pure Icelandic water. "