HELI-DOGSLEDDING IN ALASKA
One-hour dogsledding adventure and extra glacier landing
Helicopter flight over stunning glaciers, lakes, mountains, and wildlife
Visit Great Gorge, a National Landmark
Small and intimate group tour
HELI-DOGSLEDDING IN ALASKA
AS IF RIDING A DOGSLED IN THE SNOW AND BONDING WITH THE DOGS WASN'T ENOUGH, HOW ABOUT A SCENIC FLIGHT AND PRISTINE WILDERNESS, TALK ABOUT AN ADVENTURE...
This tour combines an impressive helicopter ride with dogsledding in Alaska’s wilderness… What else could you ask for? You will get to land on glaciers and explore melt pools as well as the glacier’s crevasses. These massive ice islands offer you a chance to witness an entirely different world!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Not only do you get to connect to beautiful dogs while being surrounded by Alaska’s mind-blowing wilderness, you get to see marvellous sights from above!
What sets this Heli-dogsledding in Alaska tour apart from the rest is that our groups are small and our guides have intimate knowledge of the glaciers. This allows for an unexpected amount of flexibility during the experience.
The Heli-Dogsledding tour begins with a helicopter ride departing from Knik River Lodge near Anchorage. You will fly over stunning glaciers and land on a snow-covered mountain top where your dogs, sled, and musher will be waiting.
The amount of interaction you will have with the dog team is entirely up to you. If you are and or become comfortable around all the dogs despite their jumping and excitement we suggest you take part in the setting up and hooking up process. This will allow you to feel as if you are a part of the crew, again, up to you. Once you are all set up and ready to go, you will begin your drive. This experience allows you to connect to Inuit culture and travel as they did for thousands of years. You will cover so much ground and speed past incredible and impeccable snow mounds and witness spectacular winter scenery.
You will get to decide about how ‘hands on’ you’d like to be during the 2-mile drive. If you’re interested in mushing the dog team yourself, you can stand up on the runners and have a go. Sitting on the sled is also an option, this way you will be able to watch the musher and dogs do their thing while you sit back, feel the strength of the wind, and enjoy the scenery. Dogsledding in Alaska is a truly exhilarating experience, no matter how you decide to partake in it.
The glacier landing and hiking section of the tour also allows for flexibility. You choose how active you’d like to be. If you’d like to get out there and explore all the icy features, which we recommend, we suggest you do just that! If you’re more interested in soaking up the environment and taking pictures, then have at it! This experience is for you and should be enjoyed the way you’d like; the most important thing is that you get to experience Nature in all her magnificent glory!
WHY IS THIS A
This helicopter ride with dogsledding in Alaska tour intimately connects people with nature and manages to immerse them in the incredible landscape.
Guest will get to personalize the tour to their liking, interests, and capabilities while engaging in awe-inspiring natural activities in pristine wilderness.
We like that this area generally provides great weather with very few cancellations and the extra glacier landing to complete the experience in a stunning location.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 10:15am / 3:30pm Meet at Knik River Valley (or could book transfer from Anchorage locally, 1h drive away).
- After safety briefing, board the helicopter for your scenic flight over the majestic Chugach Range, Knik Glacier, Lake George and more. (20 minutes each way).
- 10:30 Meet the dogs on top of the glacier and go on a one-hour ride.
- On the way back land you have a 30 minutes landing tour on the lower glacier
- 12.15pm / 5.30pm Land in Knik River Valley.
- Inclusions: qualified glacier guide, overboots, crampons, helicopter ride with extra landing, one hour dogsledding experience, permit and facility fees and all fees (no hidden cost).
- Exclusions: transfers from Anchorage (can be booked locally), travel insurance, meals, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 60 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 95 percent refund. If you cancel within 59 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Great helicopter experience
Flew with Pablo to the glacier. Fantastic flying experience. Highly recommend this trip and adventure. Pablo wasn't just there to fly us to the glacier, he went out of his way to show us some of the scenic views. He also did a few circles over the scenic sights so people on both sides of the helicopter had an opportunity for great photos. Safety was treated very seriously. "