HELI RAFTING WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE - 3 DAYS
Visit Hellfire Rapid and Harpers Bluff
Helicopter ride over stunning Landsborough adventure
Guided grade 3-4 rafting adventure
Unique hike and waterfall exploration
HELI RAFTING LANDSBOROUGH WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE
THIS THREE-DAY RAFTING ADVENTURE ALLOWS YOU TO IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE RUGGED WILDERNESS OF THE NEW ZEALAND WEST COAST.
Paddle grade 3-4 rapids of the Landsborough Valley, through dense rain forest, taking in hanging glaciers and wildlife. Enjoy home cooked three course meals, sip fabulous local wine, and sit back and enjoy the views during your helicopter transfers. New Zealand wine and helicopter transfers included. This Heli Rafting Landsborough Wilderness Experience provide a perfect mix of tranquillity and adventure.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEDay one begins with a pick up from your accommodation before travelling to Cavells Rafting base where you will pack your gear and prepare for the epic three-day adventure ahead. The bus departs from Cavells before embarking on a three-hour long drive to Clarke Bluff via Wanaka and Makarora. There will be lunch and picture stops along the way. Once we reach Clarke Bluff we begin our helicopter ride through the magnificently scenic Landsborough Valley. Once we land at the campsite we suggest you take in the magnificent scenery and get settled in. Landsborough is one of New Zealand’s most remote wilderness areas. At this point, you should be totally relaxed, at peace, and prepared for a delicious three course meal.
Day two begins with a laid-back breakfast before we set out on our rafting adventure.Before heading out you will be fully briefed on safety precautions and river protocol. This day involves a 5-hour river trip that covers every cadence from soft to action-packed. You will get to enjoy a wonderful morning filled with white water rafting followed by a lovely picnic-style lunch above Hellfire Rapid. Once lunch is over we will continue to head down the river to Harpers Bluff, our second camp stop. Take your time at camp, slow your pace and look around…you might even find a glow worm or two!
Day three might be the last day of the trip but it is definitely not the least exciting.This day is all about rafting down Purple Creek and, if conditions permit, hiking while exploring waterfalls! This three-day adventure is packed with excitement, delicious food, and wild adventure. Turn off your phones, lay off the internet, and reconnect with life and nature!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Experience one of the greatest nature highlights New Zealand has to offer. This spectacular Heli Rafting Landsborough Wilderness Experience offers mind-blowing sights, isolation (the good kind), and exciting rapids. Gain access to places that can only be visited by raft! This wild and authentic experience allows for peaceful nature. Enjoy the silence and thrill of Landsborough’s pristine wilderness.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 8:30 Pick up at your hotel in Queenstown.
- Drive to Cavells Rafting Base and meet the guides, check your gear size and you’re your belongings into a dry bag.
- Scenic drive for 3 hours to Clarke Bluff via Wanaka and Makarora.
- Board helicopter and fly to Landsborough Valley, at first night camp.
- Time to chill and settle in, exploring the surroundings
- Three course meal including wine and beer.
- First night camping
- Cooked breakfast before starting the first rafting day.
- Full safety brief with river protocol.
- 5 hours rafting down to Harpers Bluff, second camp stop
- Lovely lunch above Hellfire Rapids
- Time to chill at camp or walk around
- Three course meal with wine and beer
- Second night camping.
- Cooked breakfast before starting the second rafting day
- Rafting down to Purple Creek
- Stop for lunch and waterfall exploration
- Continue floating down to Clarke Bluff
- Transfer by bus back to Queenstown.
- Arrival time estimated at 7.00pm.
- Inclusions: certified and highly qualified rafting guides and safety kayakers, hotel pick up and road transfer to rafting base and to Clarke’s Bluff, scenic helicopter ride to first camp, full board with three course meals, wine and beer, 2 nights camping with technical equipment (tents and comfortable camping beds, insect repellent, sunscreen), rafting gear (full wetsuit, helmet, life jacket, dry bag, spray jacket, booties, gloves), in-depth safety briefing.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities, pictures of the trip (extra charge, NZD30).
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 29 and 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 14 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" The river is spectacular, and the raft is the best seat in the house for 360 degree wilderness views. The rafting is enough to make you feel like you've earned the gourmet breakfasts, lunches and dinners and the rapids spice up the days on the water. I couldn't think of many better ways to spend a weekend. "