ICELAND GLACIER HELICOPTER HIKE
Helicopter ride over South Iceland’s stunning coast
Exclusive access and private hike on remote glacier
Breathtaking bird’s-eye view on the way back to base
Specialized hiking gear and highly certified guides included
ICELAND GLACIER HELICOPTER HIKE
Explore Iceland's most pristine wilderness on your crampons and enjoy the scenic bird view of the South Coast
The Iceland Glacier Helicopter Hike is an exclusive tour from Iceland’s capitol of Reykjavík that goes across South Iceland’s magnificent coast. This private trip grants you unprecedented access to spectacular views and otherwise exclusionary glaciers. You will get to fly over black sand beaches, volcanoes, glaciers, and waterfalls all while mentally preparing for a fantastic hike up an unknown glacier. Now, that is what we call a wildly authentic adventure.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This one day experience is jam-packed with activities and sightseeing. The day begins with a 10:00AM pickup at your hotel in Reykjavík. Once everyone in our group is accounted for (minimum of 4, maximum of 6) we will then head out to the city airport.
There will be a short briefing on helicopter and glacier safety before we fly out. You will also be fitted for your glacier hiking gear. Having feelings of nervousness is completely normal, don’t worry they will soon fade into the back of your mind once you are up in the air. With so many incredible sights to see, we are certain that whatever fears you have will totally disappear and be replaced with awe.
After an hour or two of elevated sightseeing we will touch down on an unknown glacier in order to begin our private hour-long hike. This time will be completely dedicated to exploration and focus on creating a personal connection with the environment. This Iceland Glacier Helicopter Hike is about as far off the beaten track you can possibly get.
Once the hike is over we will get back on the helicopter and head back to Reykjavík. You will get to witness more impressive sights along the South Coast, from a bird’s-eye view as we head back to the city.
Please note that at Wildthentic we take safety and environmental welfare very seriously. The experienced tour guides are thoroughly trained in an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and this tour is done with a very high level of consciousness. We will travel in small groups, use new fuel economic cars, attain local services, and inform our travellers on best practices regarding responsible travel.
WHY IS THIS A
The Iceland Glacier Helicopter Hike is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience that allows you to view the coastline of one of the world’s most fascinating countries, from an entirely new perspective. Become an Icelandic bird for the day as you soar over unforgettable black sand beaches and volcanoes covered in snow. Share an intimate hike as you go up a breathtaking glacier located in a spectacularly remote area.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 10:00 Meet at your hotel pick up stop in Reykjavik.
- Safety briefing on helicopter ride and glacier hike, and check gear size
- Scenic flight over black sand beach, volcanoes, glaciers, waterfalls with your guide and small group for.
- Land on the summit of one of South Iceland glaciers, we gear up and start hiking on the glacier. The hike is in completely pristine environment and last for one hour.
- Guided interpretation of the glacier, ice formation, and geology
- Scenic flight on the way back to Reykjavik.
- You should be back at your hotel at around 2:00pm.
- Inclusions: return private helicopter ride to remote glaciers, certified and highly qualified glacier guide, high quality mountaineering boots, high-end rainproof gear, technical glacier equipment (crampons, ice-axes, helmet and return transfer from your hotel door.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, meals & snacks, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a no cancellation fee. If you cancel within three day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC'S TRAVELLERS TESTIMONIAL
" Amazing Glacier Experience
A friend and I were lucky enough to book the glacier hike when we were in Iceland last week (12/20) and it was definitely the highlight of the trip!! Our guide Gaddi was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Since we were a small group we were able to spend a lot of time going all over the glacier! I would definitely recommend this trip to family or friends! "