IGLOO HOTEL STAY IN ANDORRA
Night stay in an igloo hotel made entirely of snow and hand carved by five renown artists at 2,350 metres.
Guided shoe-walk and spa under the stars
Guided descent on skis before the slopes open to the public
Beautiful romantic dinner with view of Pyrenees
IGLOO HOTEL STAY IN ANDORRA
SLEEPING ON A BED MADE OF ICE, WATCHING THE STARS FROM THE JACUZZI, SNOWSHOEING AFTER HOURS IN DESERTED SLOPES... TALK ABOUT WILD AND AUTHENTIC!
The small country of Andorra is home to one of Europe’s best-kept secrets, an igloo hotel! Have you ever wondered what it feels like to sleep in an igloo? Rest your head upon ice? Dine off of frozen tables? Sit on solid water chairs? Well, we are giving you the opportunity to learn what those sensations feel like. The Andorra Hotel IGLÚ grants you the liberty of living in a way that is foreign to most humans.
Picture it, you’re in Grandvalira at an altitude of 2,350m, surrounded by the glacier circle of Grau Roig about to spend the night in an igloo…this is exactly what Andorra has to offer!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This one of a kind igloo hotel allows you to live as if you were in a fairy tale complete with Vikings, ice sculptures, and animal skins.
The Igloo night stay begins in the afternoon. Once there our guest will have a drink at the Grau Roig Ski School, which you will return to the next day. Later, you are free to roam, ski, and or relax at the Spa. We highly recommend the thermal baths. The next morning consist of a beautiful breakfast at the classic restaurant, PULKA.
Once night falls you can take a racket ride in order to get a better view of the stars. Or you can also enjoy a drink in the infamous ‘Drink Vault’. This special vault consists of a fireplace-heated dome, which is located in a restaurant made entirely of ice.
Each person and or couple will receive a private igloo, perfect for you to discover your inner Eskimo. Also, the walls of each igloo are made of pure snow and decorated in relief by Andorran artists. New special cotton bedsheets are provided. Also, sleeping bags support temperatures up to -20ºC (-4°F). We promise to keep you toasty.
Spend your day discovering your surroundings and enjoying the snow. We guarantee you’ll have a splendid time and therefore want to return. Lastly, please make sure to pack a towel, warm clothes, flip-flops, and bathing suit. Not only is there a spa but there are also Jacuzzis with open ceilings that allow you to stare gaze. Discover the magic of Andorra’s Igloo Hotel.
Are you ready? We are.
WHY IS THIS A
We love the kirks of the Igloo hotel, accessed by snowcat, staying in a room entirely made of snow and ice. As if this wasn't enough, accessing to the ski slopes after hours, watching the stars from your igloo jacuzzi while sipping a glass of bubbly, enjoying a beautiful dinner and snowshoeing with an intimate group of 6 guests. Something to awake of adventure spirit, and make us feel like a VIP.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 19:00 Welcome drink at the Grau Roig Ski School Building (Cubil parking).
- 19:30 Ascent to Igloo by snowcat machine.
- 20:00 Snowshoe walk (approx 20 min, optional, suitable for all audiences).
- 21:00 Dinner: to choose between 2 firsts, 2 mains, desert, coffee, water and a bottle of wine every 2 people.
- 22:30 SPA Session (Jacuzzi & Sauna)
- After SPA Room: artic sleeping bag and sheet are provided for your night in the igloo room.
- 9:00 Descent: skiing* (optional) or by chairlift.
- 9:30 Breakfast at PULKA.
If you wish to return skiing, you should bring your ski material (boots, skis, poles, …) to the hotel. Otherwise you will return by chairlift.
- Inclusions: Transfer from/to the departure point, snowshoe walk, dinner, SPA session, accommodation in a private Igloo, breakfast.
- Technical equipment provided: To sleep, a sleeping bag is provided together with special cotton sheets that only you will use. The most ideal luggage is a backpack or sports bag; suitcases are not accepted
- Exclusions: Even though we know that you dare, you have to take into account some details.
The Igloo Hotel is around 0°C. To enjoy your stay, you must include in your backpack:
Warm clothing suitable for snow. Avoid jeans and sports shoes.
Warm and comfortable footwear such as après-ski boots or Moonboots. Warm gloves and wool hats.
Sunglasses (for the next day). Thermal underwear (for sleeping)
Towel, swimwear and flip-flops for the jacuzzi. Flashlight.
Passport or ID. Cash
- Voucher info You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Unique and worth every penny
My fiancé arrange for 6 of us to stay at the Iglu hotel during our ski trip to Grandvalira as a birthday surprise. We were greeted in the VIP lounge with welcome drinks before being talked through the arrangements for the evening. Then we were taken up to the Iglu on a piste basher. After being shown around and explained a little about how the Iglu is created we had more Cava and went off snow shoeing for an hour or so. It was exhausting after a day of skiing but we had a full moon which gave us great views of the snow-capped mountains at night. The dinner was nice and we were provided with blankets to keep us a little warmer and then taken for coffee in a warmer dome to heat up. After which we headed for the hot tub and sauna which we used until midnight [...] our bed was warm and cosy. The experience was fantastic and breakfast great. I would recommend it to anyone. A brilliant surprise and totally unforgettable experience for all the right reasons.”