ILULISSAT MIDNIGHT SUN KAYAK EXPERIENCE
Experience Greenland at sea level
Kayak among icefjords and icebergs
Witness the midnight sun
Enjoy a possible close encounter with whales
ILULISSAT MIDNIGHT SUN KAYAK EXPERIENCE
BE A PIONEER AND FOLLOW THE INUIT WAY OF LIFE, KAYAK AROUND ICEBERGS AS THE LIGHT GOES DOWN AND WHALES PASS BY.
The best Greenland Kayak Experience in Ilulissat. Ilulissat is the perfect town to discover the history of the kayak. Not only is Ilulissat a town within the country that created the kayak, it also offers some of the best kayaking in the world. Ilulissat is where you feel the complete Greenland kayak experience. Embrace an adventure with a history that goes back thousands of years.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Your adventure begins in the Qajaq Club of Ilulissat, where they continue to build and use kayaks, as their ancestors more than 4,500 years ago. You will discover the secrets to building Greenland kayaks while admiring their craftsmanship. Learn a brief history of the kayak’s multiple usage as well as its progression in design in order to fully understand why the kayak continues to form a major part of Greenlandic culture.
Expert guides will provide you with all the information necessary to safely complete your trip on your Greenland kayak. Experience is not needed, just be prepared to enjoy an incredible adventure as you sail between huge ice floes. You will discover a world of magical lights, sounds and sensations from a completely different perspective.
Enjoy a Greenland kayak experience at sea level.
Get ready to travel back in time and enjoy nature in its purest state. The guides will do everything from instruct you on where to go, to even take pictures for you! You won’t have to worry about anything other than having a good time.
Both morning and afternoon excursions are available. The departure point is near the landmark church of Zion. You’ll get to experience the fascinating surroundings of the old city of Ilulissat and witness Ilulissat’s magnificent eternal sunset and midnight Sun.
We guarantee that you will enjoy a once in a lifetime kayaking experience. Are you ready to have a magnificent time aboard a Greenland kayak? We are.
WHY IS THIS A
Submerge yourself in an experience so special it feels spiritual. Ilulissat is a town filled with history and stark landscapes proving once again that nature knows no bounds.
Join an intimate group and discover Greenland´s magnificent icefjords and icebergs while getting up close and personal on a kayak.
The evening tour means that you will experience the midnight sun with the most spectacular light and a chance for whale encounter.
You will feel as if you have been teleported to a foreign world filled with crisp colours and serenity.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 20:00 Meet at the departure point for your kayak activity.
- You meet your guide and gear up with your thermal suit, dry suit, boots, gloves and paddle.
- Once ready you walk to the qajaq club.
- Learn everything you need to know in our briefings, perfect for first time kayakers
- At approx 21:00 You start your sea kayaking, experience, a world of lights, sounds and feelings from a completely new perspective: at sea level.
- Learn about the nature and culture of Greenland with our guides.
- Be ready for a final surprise before arriving to the departure point again
- Return at about midnight.
- Inclusions: Technical equipment (you do not need to bring anything special, all equipment will be provided by the operator), tour pictures.
- Technical equipment provided: Kayak, paddles, cockpit cover, Gore-Tex dry suit, life vest, boots and dry bags.
- Exclusions: Personal expenses, insurance, local tips.
- Voucher info You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC'S TRAVELLER TESTIMONIAL
" Wonderful Experience!
We kayaked among the icebergs in the midnight sun in Ilulissat. What could be better than that?! They took very good care of us, taught us about icebergs, and provided pictures to take home. "