JONDACHI RIVER INFLATABLE KAYAK EXPERIENCE
Visit theQuichua community of Mondayacu
Embark on a guided tour to the Napo region's “GranCañón”
Kayak and lunch near the Hollin River
Small groups in order to keep the experience intimate
JONDACHI RIVER INFLATABLE KAYAK EXPERIENCE
Welcome to your Amazonian adventure.This experience is special in more ways than one. First, we must discuss the transportation device that will be used throughout your trip. This Jondachi River inflatable kayak (also known as a ‘ducky’) adventure will send you soaring as you weave across the Napo Region’s magnificent waters.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEThe inflatable kayak (ducky) is a unique craft because it is lightweight and provides ‘give’ among the rocks. The rubber shell makes it ideal for kayaking, you won’t need to worry about it breaking on the slabs. Inflatable kayaks also provide the adventurer with a ‘higher’ and or ‘taller’ perspective than a regular kayak and or canoe. These are not like enclosed kayaks; the top is open meaning you will just have to balance in it. Ducking is basically maneuvering rapids in an inflatable kayak/raft hybrid. Nature is another aspect that makes this Jondachi River Inflatable Kayak Experience so memorable. Travellers will paddle in the middle of the jungle as their hearts race and their eyes admire the surroundings. Ecuador is a paradise for inflatable rafting (ducking) due to its Amazon Rainforest, hundreds of waterfalls, rivers, and cloud forests. This trip is brimming with great rapids and breathtaking scenery. The kayaking trip begins on the Jondachi River, which is about 30 minutes from the typical Amazonian city of Tena, and ends in the Hollin River.
Experience the ultimate rafting adventure!The Jondachi River Inflatable Kayak Experience begins with a trek through the Amazon jungle, followed by a guided visit to the Napo region’s “Gran Cañón”. The visit will be followed by a safety talk and then the rafting will begin! Rafting will occur for about 2 hours on your inflatable kayak, until we hit the Hollin River where we will have a lovely lunch. Make sure to rest up because the second half of this trip involves more rafting and lots of energy!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
We love the exclusivity and rush of rafting down the river on an inflatable kayak, in a very small group, each raft, alone with your guide, with more thrill and flexibility, in a unique and stunning location, among the Amazon rainforest and its Jondachi and Hollin River. Come and discover waterfalls, rainforest, and breathtaking scenery and connect with nature like never before!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:30 Pick up at the hotels and transfer to Put In (Mondayacu Community)
- 8:00 Arrival at the start of the jungle hike. Trekking in the Amazon for about one and a half hour. Arrive at the ‘Jondachi Gran Cañon’, a beautiful natural pool and waterfall, where there is time to explore and swim.
- From 10:00 to 10:30 – get to the rafting starting point and safety briefing.
- 10:30 – 12:30 The adventure begins! First section of kayak rafting activity, rapids class IV.
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch buffet in a lovely spot
- 13:30 – 16:00 Second section of kayak rafting activity
- 16:15 Transfer back to your hotel in Tena.
- Inclusions: WAFA certified English speaking kayak guide, transfer from/to your hotel to/from the departure point and lunch buffet, guided visit to the ‘Jondachi Gran Cañon’, jungle short hike in the Amazon.
- Technical equipment provided: helmet, life vest, semi-dry top, ducky (inflatable kayak), paddle
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Swim suit
- Shoes with a good grip (and that you don’t mind getting wet)
- Insect repellent
- Your own medications or EpiPen (if necessary)
- A set of dry clothes for post activity
- Camera and spare batteries (we provide dry bags for cameras)
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Amazing Experience!!!I would definitely recommend […]! One of the best experiences I have ever had! Everything was amazing, and couldn't have asked for a better way to experience the beauty of the Ecuadorian Amazon. The landscape was beautiful, without a doubt a magical place. Not only was the staff extremely experienced, but as well they were extremely passionate about their job. As well, all the equipment was brand new and in great conditions. During the trip, I felt safe the entire time thanks to the great instructors. The entire team was super friendly and made the experience an unforgettable one. Kayak Ecuador offers a completely personalized experience, therefore making it great for both experienced and beginner kayakers. I had the opportunity to do the one-day class but would recommend booking the experience for more days as you won't want to leave after kayaking the river for the first time. Thank you […] for the great experience! I cannot wait to go back!!!"