jUNGLE ADVENTURE: RAFTING & CHOCOLATE EXPERIENCE - 5 DAYS
Raft among “The Gran Cañón” del Jondachi
Adventure through Ecuador’s stunning Limoncocha National Biological Reserve
Visit the Giant Ceibo Tree and learn how to make chocolate
Spend a cultural morning with a Kichwa Family
JUNGLE ADVENTURE: RAFTING & CHOCOLATE EXPERIENCE - 5 DAYS
Now you’re deep within the Napo Region. Imagine yourself travelling through the Amazon and embarking on one of the greatest adventures of your life.
The sights and sounds are unlike anything you’ve ever seen, maybe only in the movies. Birds fly overhead, the sun peaks through the trees and you feel the flashes of rays hit you as you glide through rivers. This is exactly what the rafting, hiking and chocolate jungle adventure is all about, connecting with Nature and becoming one with the Amazon. Forget that you’re human for a second and become the river. Join us on this rafting jungle adventure.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Your first day will consists of enjoying 24 kilometres of the Jatun Yacu River’s big rushing waters. This incredible river is about 30 minutes from Tena, and is a tributary to the Amazon River. This is when the rafting jungle adventure fun begins! You will also get to raft a few kilometres into the exciting Napo River.
The epic five-day adventure takes you through Limoncocha, a national biological reserve
Limoncocha is home to a myriad of different animals and insects. Your second day will consist of hopping off the raft and using your legs! You will get to go bird watching and even piraña fishing! Talk about taking a jungle adventure to new heights!
Day three, you trek through the jungle to visit the Giant Ceibo Tree located within the reserve. This is an area brimming with history and mystery. You will also embark on a night caiman trek. Wake up to day four in Limoncocha as you spend a cultural morning with a Kichwa Family before transferring to Tena. The jungle adventure continues!
Your trip will end with an incredible guided day trips filled with incredible sights and tastes. First you will head to “The Gran Cañón” del Jondachi, a beautiful spot with waterfalls, natural swimming pools and lush vegetation. You will continue on your guided visit to an Organic Chocolate Farm. The Farm trip includes beautiful opportunities to connect with the local environment and make your own chocolate!
We suggest you mentally prepare for the amount of times your breath will be taken away
Not only does this trekking and rafting jungle adventure offer you new sights and sounds, but also new knowledge. You will get to experience days of cultural growth as you visit with a Kichwa family, learn crafting techniques, discuss societal differences, and bask in each other’s company.
WHY IS THIS A
Not only does this trekking and rafting jungle adventure offer you new sights and sounds, it also offers you new knowledge. You will get to experience days of cultural growth as you visit with a Kichwa family, learn crafting techniques, discuss societal differences, and bask in each other’s company.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 8:00 Pick up at the hotels and transfer to Put In (Cando Community)
- 8:45 Arrival at the rafting starting point and safety briefing.
- 9:15 – 12:00 The adventure begins! First section of rafting activity, rapids class III.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch and visit of local community
- 13:00 – 15:00 Second section of rafting activity
15:15 Transfer to your first night accommodation.
- 8:00 transfer to Limoncocha
- Boat ride on the lagoon, birdwatching
- Lunch and visit to Kichwa community, craft workshop
- Piraña fishing
- Transfer to next accommodation
- Limoncocha exploration
- Full day in the jungle: guided hike, visit to the giant Ceibo Tree
- Night caiman trek tour
- Limoncocha exploration
- Morning with Kishwa family
- After lunch, transfer back to Tena
- Guided visit to the natural site of Jondachi Gran Cañon, swimming time
- Tour of organic cacao plantation and chocolate making activity
- Transfer to Quito, drop off hotel
- Inclusions: WAFA certified English-speaking rafting guide, transfer from/to your hotel to/from the departure point, four-night accommodation in simple guesthouse (suite rooms with hot shower), all meals, guided activities in Limoncocha, Gran Cañon and the organic chocolate farm. Technical equipment provided: helmet, life vest, semi-dry top, raft, paddle.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WHAT TO BRING
- Swim suit
- Shoes with a good grip (and that you don’t mind getting wet)
- Insect repellent
- Your own medications or EpiPen
- A set of dry clothes for post activity
- Camera and spare batteries (we provide dry bags for cameras)
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"Great Rafting. Jondachi is a Beatiful river, one of the best in Ecuador. The Rafing on the Jondachi-Holli [...] is great. Excellent guides, new and in perfect condition equipment, great trasport and the entire trip is save and very good organized. Highly recommended!!!"