Kayaking Glacier Grey to Rio Serrano
Kayak down beautiful Pingo River, full day
Enjoy the stunning sights of Glacier Grey and Serrano River
Highly experienced guides and top equipment
Small intimate groups
Kayaking Glacier Grey to Rio Serrano ExperienceThis Kayaking Glacier Grey to Rio Serrano Experience is perfect for those interested in getting to know spectacular places in a different and exciting way. This kayaking outdoor activity gives travellers an inside look into the magnificence and vastness of nature’s glaciers by granting, when with the opportunity, to view the natural formations from an extraordinary vantage point… water-level. A full day adventure exploring some of Torres del Paine most scenic locations from your kayak. It’s time to stare in amazement at interesting and beautiful ice formations!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEThe Kayaking Glacier Grey to Rio Serrano Experience is an activity suited for the adventurer in you! This experience not only humbles but inspires you as well. You will get to witness the grandeur of magnificent glaciers as you descend some of Patagonia’s most famous rivers. One of Chile's must do on your bucket list.
This full day expedition begins at 9am and takes you through tranquil and breathtaking waters.We make sure to keep groups small and intimate therefore guaranteeing you get one-on-one time with the guides and other travellers enjoying the experience.Our guides are expertly trained and very knowledgeable about the area. Groups range from 3 to 12 people and the number of guides is adjusted accordingly. We will provide a neoprene suit, waterproof jacket and boots, poogies (kayak gloves), skirt, and life-jacket. We will also brief you on all safety requirements and how to manoeuvre the kayak. After the briefing you will be ready to take on the world and the river’s twists and turns! While on Lago Grey you will get to paddle around massive floating icebergs. During this time, we will take a break in order to enjoy the sights and sounds, as well as a snack and drink. Take the time to talk amongst the travellers and ask your guide about the area…after all, the Serrano River is a fascinating site loaded with significant prehistoric elements!
Enjoy kayaking Glacier Grey and delicious food!You will get to enjoy lunch prepared for by our local guides and served in a secret and strategic location during the excursion, we promise to give you a good view, as well as a fantastic meal filled with heart and soul that will be served back at the lodge.
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Experience one of the greatest natural highlights Chile has to offer: Glacier Grey in Torres del Paine. Kayak around glaciers and have your mind blown away with out-of-this-world sights.
The Kayaking Rio Serrano Experience guarantees a wild and authentic experience with knowledgeable guides and state of the art equipment. This experience offers perfect immersion into your surroundings and peace.
There are no engines on during the kayaking portion of the expedition, the silence is only broken by ice calving and glaciers moving.
It’s time you enjoy a unique full day kayaking experience in some of Torres del Paine most scenic locations!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 9:00 Meet at local base at Serrano
- Try on the gear (dry suit, life vest, boots) and drive to Rio Pingo
- Safety briefing for 20 minutes and launch in the water
- Paddle down to Lago Grey Peninsula, and down Rio Grey for 3 hours
- Lunch break on the way before to get to Rio Serrano
- Paddle back to the base at Villa Serrano. Get changed and enjoy a hot drink at Nash Lodge.
- End at Nash Lodge at approximately 17:00.
- Inclusions: English speaking certified guides, transfer from/to the start of the excursion, equipment, lunch, educational talk and safety briefing, snacks and hot drinks.
- Technical equipment provided: dry suit, life vest, boots, rain jacket, dry bag.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"My best memory from W trek!I was lucky that the weather allowed me to do the kayak tour and it turned out absolutely amazing! The staff (Rodrigo duo) did an amazing job providing information, made sure everyone had fun and good pictures. They were very professional and knowledgeable about glacier. I am truly grateful with this wonderful experience and would highly recommend everyone who’s visiting Grey."