KAYAKING WITH MINKE WHALES AROUND SAGUENAY FJORD
Kayak with minke whales with chances to also see blue, fin, and or beluga whales as well
Discover hidden coves and beautiful waterfalls
Spot marine birds and other marine animals
Paddle with knowledgeable and well-trained local guides
KAYAKING WITH MINKE WHALES AROUND SAGUENAY FJORDThis Kayaking with Minke Whales Around Saguenay Fjord experience allows you to spot some of the ocean’s most fascinating marine mammals. During this excursion you may get to spend time with a stunning variety of marine mammals including blue, fin, and beluga whales, but most importantly, the minke. Imagine yourself circling the spectacular fjord as you spot marine animals from sea level and discover natural sites including coves and waterfalls and while respecting the environment.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCETravellers interested in having a unique experience with marine animals while doing an outdoor activity will enjoy this excursion to the max. This tour combines all those characteristics plus more! Not only will you get to enjoy some quality time with unique beings, you will also get to discover the outstanding natural land and waterscapes. Kayaking with Minke Whales Around Saguenay Fjord offers fun with a purpose. This tour is meant to sensibilize travellers to the Saguenay fjord as well as the Saint Lawrence River so that they are inclined to protect and cherish both locations.
It’s time to do something out of the ordinary and kayak with blue, fin, beluga and/or minke whales.Chances are, you will also get to spot seals and marine birds along your journey. This unforgettable day begins with training. You will spend about an hour on the shore reviewing paddling and safety tips. Once on the water, we will begin to paddle quietly until arriving at a small beach in Escoumins. Here we will eat a healthy snack in preparation for the day’s activity. The group will then paddle along the Saint Lawrence River until reaching the Anse à la Cave which is a small curved area of land along the shoreline that is ideal for observing marine life, particularly mammals.
This is your chance to spend hours with one of Quebec’s most emblematic species, the minke whale from an exclusive location.
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Experience one of Canada’s greatest natural highlights, Saguenay Fjord, while also sharing unforgettable encounters with the incredible minke whale as well as with various other marine mammals. This ecotour gives you a unique perspective into the wonderful world of Quebec’s marine wildlife and a first-hand look into Saguenay Fjord’s magnificent beauty.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 08:00am Meet at local office and head to marina.
- 1h Training and safety briefing
- Paddle to L’Anse a la Cave area, famous for marine life
- Lunch on the beach
- Soft paddle back, return to the base at approximately 4pm.
- Inclusions: qualified kayak guide, single or double kayaks, paddling jackets, life vest, lunch, hot drinks, snacks, GST taxes.
- Exclusions: Travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 31 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent refund (except a CAD5 administration fee). If you cancel between 15 and 30 days, there is a 50% cancellation fee, if you cancel within 15 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 per cent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"It was so great we went twiceAwesome trip! The guides went the extra mile to ensure everyone had a great time and saw the whales that were active in the area. Also Bob the harbour seal, put on a special show for us by popping up near the kayaks. The first day, the tour was cut short due to thunderstorms. We were fortunate to be able to rebook for later in the week. Kristof, our guide that day, was great, knowledgeable and entertaining. We had a spectacular time and were only sad to have it cut short. The second trip had better weather. The guide, Felix, was also entertaining and knowledgeable. His challenge was greater because we had already enjoyed Kristof's tour. His stories regarding the marine life in the area, the history of the Belugas was wonderful. Kayaking in the St. Lawrence is glorious. To see whales and harbour seals is special. To be out there in the sunset is spectacular. Thank you for an incredible experience, both times."
August 17th, 2017