osa peninsula golden route - 5 days
Visit Corcovado National Park, located within “the most biologically intense place on Earth”
Authentic view into ‘orero’ culture
Night stay with a local family
10 exciting activities included (pre-Columbian tour, boat tour,waterfall hike, nature hike, gold mining tour, indigenous tour, horseback riding, kayak tour, day hike, yoga class)
OSA PENINSULA GOLDEN ROUTE
The Osa Peninsula Golden Route is a path that extends all the way up the peninsula. It's time to go hiking in Costa Rica.
This trail runs through the heart of Osa and down to Corcovado National Park, and has directly impacted the local community by creating an impressive growth opportunity in the tourism sector. The Golden Route is all about providing travellers with an authentic experience based on the ‘orero’, gold miner, way of life. You will get to witness this lifestyle as well as the area’s rich biodiversity from your kayak, horse or by foot. Costa Rica is Pura Vida!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
The Osa Peninsula Golden Route tour pays tribute to Costa Rica’s rich (pun intended) land and soil. The route followed is where most of Costa Rica’s gold can be found. In fact, there is no other part of the country that contains as much gold as the Osa Peninsula.
Gold extraction plays a major part in the development and wealth of the Osa region which is why we believe it is only appropriate to take adventure-seekers, like you, on a fabulous gold rush.
The Golden Route Experience is a tourism initiative that begins in the northern section of Osa and ends in the southern town of Dos Brazos de Río Tigre. It's time to go hiking in Costa Rica!
Day 1 begins with a visit to the fascinating Finca 6 Pre Columbian Museum. This museum is not only a fascinating archaeological area; it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its mystifying stone spheres of the Diquís. Once we have completed touring the museum grounds we will embark on a mangrove boat tour along the province of Sierpe. Day 1 ends with a waterfall night walk visit as well as a night stay with a local family.
Day 2 consists of a hiking and walking tour among forest. This day focuses on the history and current practices of gold mining in the region and provides travellers with serious insight into ‘orero’ culture. An Indigenous cultural tour will take place before we head over to Playa Blanca at Golfo Dulce for your overnight stay.
Day 3 is action packed and starts with a kayaking tour among the magical mangroves and tranquil waters of the Golfo Dulce. Once the water activities are complete, we will head to the land where the horseback riding to Dos Brazos will begin. You will spend Night 3 in Dos Brazos, the area’s gold mining town.
Day 4 is a day of intrigue and intensity. We will spend the day hiking through the Corcovado National Park until reaching Carate, our final destination. We will begin our last day, Day 5, with a morning yoga lesson in Carate. Yoga with stunning views, followed by breakfast is how we will end this marvellous journey.
Note: The Osa Peninsula Golden Route activities require that travellers be healthy and in ‘good’ physical condition.
WHY IS THIS A
Immerse yourself in the sensational world of natural wonders found on Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula. The Osa Peninsula Golden Route 5 Day Experience allows you to go hiking in Costa Rica. Observe authentic local culture as well as adventure within the fantastically diverse Corcovado National Park and Golfo Dulce!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Pick up at 6.15am from Palma Sur Airstrip and drive 30 minutes to Sierpe.
- Visit Finca 6, Pre-Colombian museum
- Mangrove boat tour
- Stay with local family & visit waterfall
- Gold tour extraction
- Indigenuous cultural tour
- Transfer to next accommodation at Playa Blanca in Golfo Dulce
- Golfo Dulce kayak tour
- Horse riding to Dos Brazos Community
- Overnight in gold miner’s town
- Full day guided hike through Corcovado National Park.
- Transfer to Carate Community
- Yoga class
- After breakfast, transfer to Puerto Jimenez
- Inclusions: English speaking guide, transfer from/to your hotel to/from the departure point, four-night accommodation in simple guesthouse (en suite rooms with hot shower), all meals, guided activities of mangrove boat trip, gold tour, kayaking, horse riding, guided rainforest hike, yoga classes, transfers.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 45 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel under 45 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, cancellation fee applies.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" An initiative to involve locals in the Central American country in the tourism business is enriching the visitor experience and contributing to the economic well-being in an area of biodiverse rainforest. "