PERITO MORENO KAYAKING EXPERIENCE
Explore Perito Moreno Glacier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Kayak in front of the massive ice wall and feel the glacier breathing
Walk within Los Glaciares National Park
Stay in the charming Patagonia town of El Calafate
PERITO MORENO KAYAKING EXPERIENCE
If you have been in Patagonia, Argentina, then you know that Perito Moreno Glacier is an absolute must in your bucket list for any nature-lover.
Perito Moreno Glacier, with its staggering 250 square kilometres of ice formation and towering 74 metres height above the water, is renowned for its active behaviour as the ice can move up to two metres a day, while its mass retract from about the same, creating spectacular ice falls. The glacier itself is an extraordinary site to be seen at least once in a lifetime, but its surroundings with snow peaked mountains is also awe-inspiring.
We are excited to offer you a new way to take in the breathtaking beauty of the towering Perito Moreno Glacier, at water level, by kayak. This is an experience that should not be missed!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
Unique in Perito Moreno, it is the first time anyone is ever able to kayak in this highly protected area. You will get a fantastic team of expert guides who were running the very successful Upsala Kayak Experience until the melting ice and retracting glacier created the need for an alternative. And what an alternative!
The Perito Moreno Kayak Experience is a full day adventure. This experience begins at your hotel in El Calafate, Argentina. The trip takes you for a ride by kayak, in front of the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier, at water level, with no engine but silence only broken by the ice calving. It is not necessary to have experience on the activity and the technical equipment is included.
After an hour drive to the park we welcome you to our lovely base where you will meet our highly qualified kayak instructors. They will explain the techniques of the activity and security measures with a warm up before starting your expedition on the kayaks, surrounded by outstanding landscape and mountains. We paddle in Lago Argentino and across the north side of the glacier, for up to two hours approximately (depending on weather conditions and physical conditions of the group) with the exceptional view of the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Parque Nacional de Los Glaciares.
If you don’t have any previous experience on the activity, don’t worry about it, the paddling pace will be slow and our team is always checking and adjusting to the group’s physical level.
After the kayaking experience, we all return to our base, where your packed lunch (meat or vegetarian Sandwich + petit four + fruit + beverage) will be provided along with hot drinks and snacks.
You will have plenty of time to explore the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage site of Perito Moreno Glacier after your excursion and walk the dedicated footbridge for an astonishing view of the site.
We reunite at our local office at 15:30 before to head back to town. It will take approximately one and a half hours to drive back to your hotel in El Calafate. The experience is special in that it is intimate with only 16 passengers plus our staff. Remember, Perito Moreno Kayaking Experience is available daily from August till May.
KAYAKING EXPERIENCE - EL CALAFATE
November to May
7.00 at your hotel
Pick up from your hotel in El Calafate
Returns to original departure point
Min 2 - Max 20
Minimum age: 14
Average. Rapids class III.
No previous experience is required.
WHY IS THIS A
Experience one of the greatest nature highlight of Argentina, the mind-blowing Perito Moreno Glacier, exclusively, by kayak. A wild and authentic approach, in perfect immersion with the surroundings, enjoying the silence (no engines) only broken by the ice calving and the glacier breathing.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:30 Pick up at the hotels and transfer to Los Glaciares National Park, Pasarelas car park (76km).
- 9:30 Arrive at Perito Moreno Glacier, free time on the footbridge with great viewpoints of the glacier with two hours to explore the breathtaking surroundings.
- 11:30 Meeting point at the base of operations. Welcome at our dome. Meeting with the group in the dome to get dressed and have the briefing about the activity then walk to the entrance of the river and talk from the guide on technique and safety.The adventure begins!
- 12:30-14:00 Kayaking in Lago Argentino in front of Perito Moreno Glacier.
- 14:00 Return to the dome, get changed and collect your USB with great memories of the activity.
- 15:00 Meet at the dome and return to El Calafate
- 17:00 approx – Arrival at the hotel
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to El Calafate, Lunch box, technical equipment provided: Gore-Tex dry suit, life vest, boots and helmet
- Exclusions: Pictures of the experience (optional)
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
“This was one of the most amazing experiences in Calafate. The Upsala Team was very knowledgeable and provided education about the area and the glaciers. All the equipment was new and in great working order. The boat that took us to the Upsala Glacier was brand new as well and very comfortable. The expedition takes no more than 15 people so you never feel crowded. The guides were fun and took us close to the icebergs in our double kayaks but kept us safe. I recommend the Upsala Team as their professionalism made the experience a 10. Basically, they include everything, all the equipment, even the photos and food so there is nothing to worry about. Additionally, they really, really want you to have a good time and it is clear that they like what they are doing. All very important aspects to ensure an amazing outcome.”
WHY BOOK WITH
Feel different by doing something unique and awe-inspiringBecause your curiosity to discover new things is endless, we are making you rediscover the world, experiencing things you will never forget. We are a reference in experiential tourism, thanks to an exceptional team of experts who hand-pick some of the most extraordinary nature-based experiences in the planet.
Enjoy the destination at the fullest with our exclusive quality sealSit back and relax as we did all the checks for you. All excursions that are part of the ‘Wildthentic Experiences Collection’ have passed through our certification process. We audit over 200 criteria doing site inspections and getting final validation from our board of key actors in tourism. This is what ensures the ‘Wow Factor’, the secret recipe that connects with your emotions.
Fast, easy and secure booking systemWe know you like it fast, in this ever-happening buoyant digital world. Our online platform provides live availability, instant confirmation, secure payment from a worldwide reputable company, and is fast and easy. Your dream experience is only a few clicks away.
EXPERIENCES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.