PERu rainbow mountain trek with natives - 2 days
Trek up the scared Vilcanota Valley before hiking the magnificent Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
Breathtaking views of the Nevado del Inca, cliffs of Anta, and formations of Apu Labrayani
Spend time with local Chillca people and their animals
Access to expert high mountain guides
PERU RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK WITH NATIVES
This thrilling two-day trek in the Vilcanota's Cordillera is filled with adventure, culture, actions, and moments of awe.
You will trek through the marvellous Andean landscape as we make our way to one of Cuzco’s most sacred mountains. You will visit both Ausangate, one of the most pristine mountain ecosystems in the world, and Vinicunca, the famous Peruvian Rainbow Mountain.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
The Peru Rainbow Mountain Trek with Natives adventure begins in Cuzco. A bus will pick you up from the fantastic UNESCO World Heritage city as it takes you through the fertile Vilcanota Valley before reaching the town of Cusipata. We will make a detour as we pass through the Quisapincha community where you will be able to witness the llamas and alpacas in their stunning shepherding habitats.
Once you arrive at Collpapampa you will begin your ascension. You will hike along a fabulous route that grants you privileged views of the Nevadi del Inca as you find your way to your unique lodge. This trek offers spectacular sightings, like the hundreds of Andean geese that may be nesting in the cliffs of Anta or the impressive flatiron formations of lovely Apu Labrayani mountain. You spend the night at Huampococha Tambo, where you can enjoy the rest of your evening under a spectacular night sky.
Day two is filled with colour and adventure.
You enjoy an early breakfast in order to take advantage of the magnificent day ahead. You depart Huampococha and head towards the magical Vinicunca Peru Rainbow Mountain. You will pass through formations of red sandstone as you analyse and gaze upon the fantastic geological wonders that surround you. You will be in awe of all the sights and sounds you are witnessing along the way. It will be impossible not to admire the unique beauty of these landscapes. The sandstone checked with vegetation will lead you to the multicoloured mountain.
Please keep in mind that although this experience is not limited to hiking experts, we suggest those who wish to participate maintain a healthy and active physical condition. We also recommend a preliminary 3 to 4-day acclimatization stage, for your body to react better during the trek, as you will be hiking up to mountain passes at altitudes of about 5,000 metres. Lastly, make sure to drink plenty of water and/or coca leaf tea.
WHY IS THIS A
The Peru Rainbow Mountain takes you through one of the most spiritual regions in South America. Along your trek you will see magnificent landscapes that feature diverse and pristine ecosystems, not to mention you will be accompanied by lamas, horses, and locals who are mountaineering experts.
This experience allows you to stay in a unique lodge, also known as a Tambo which is a typical Peruvian home and brings you closer to local life by granting you time with shepherds of the Chillca Community as well as the spirit of their inspiring world.
Daily meals will be prepared by experienced chefs who will introduce you to a great variety of delicious Peruvian dishes and products.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 8:00 AM Meet at your hotel in Cuzco. Drive one and a half hour to Cusipata.
- Visit Quisapincha community, llama and alpaca shepherds on the way to Collpapampa. Drive another one and a half hour to the starting point of the hike.
- Hike 6.8km to Huampococha for three hours from 4,338m to 4,815m high.
- Overnight in Huampococha Tambo (4,800m high).
- After breakfast, hike for 6 km (two hours) to Vinicunca (the rainbow mountain), from 4,800m to 5,100m high.
- Descent the valley to Japura and have lunch on the way, 10km (three hours) from 4,100m to 5,100m high.
- Drive back to Cuzco (three hours) and drop off at your hotel.
- Inclusions: Private transfers, qualified high mountain trekking guide, overnight accommodation ion comfortable lodge, all meals, waterproof bag for luggage carried by llamas, first aid kit and oxygen.
- Exclusions: Cuzco accommodation, travel insurance, meals, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 31 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 30 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Many wonders in one trip!
We did a hike of 2 days. First to the refuge Huampoccocha Tambo to 4820 meters. Every step we saw marvellous landscapes and revealed the difficulties of travel in this stage became a mere detail. The next day we visited the Red Valley and famous mountain Vinicunca now. I must say that each point is cuter than the other all are surrealistic landscapes. and I would like to tour the Ausangate for 5 days! Night in the shelter and quality of the operation are not only good experiences, provide an extraordinary experience with special warmth and genuine affection. 100% recommended. "