rafting iceland's unchartered waters
White Water Rafting in Iceland (and cliff jumping) in the East Glacial River Gorge
One of the most remote single-day rafting trip in the World!
24hr daylight and views of the Midnight sun
Highly experienced, certified instructors
RAFTING ICELAND'S UNCHARTERED WATERS
AN ADRENALINE RUSH IN ICELAND NORTHERN WILDERNESS!
Rafting in Iceland is a fantastically thrilling activity that doesn’t require past experience. The adventure takes place in the East Glacial River Gorge (Jökulsá-Austari) in North West Iceland and is available from the beginning of May to the end of September. This action-packed day has a major punch and most certainly is not for the faint of heart. If you are a thrill-seeking adventurer than we suggest you read on…this is the experience for you!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEIt is time to take fun seriously, and come on tour! Let's go rafting in Iceland! Enjoy these Iceland's unchartered waters with us, as we admire the spectacular mountainous scenery with its deeps valleys and embrace the feeling of pure electric as we make our way down heart-pumping white-water rapids. This adventure only uses 100% internationally certified equipment and provides all guest with dry suits. Here at Wildthentic we take safety very seriously and make sure we provide our travellers with the best practices possible. Excitement will never cost you security. All tour guides are exceptionally trained and hold an International Rafting Federation certification.
Rafting in Iceland is one of the most exciting activities you can partake in!Rafting in Iceland is a surefire way to land a spot in your life’s Adventure Hall of Fame. Prepare for an unforgettable journey into the untamed beauty of Iceland’s wet wilderness. You have probably seen a lot of rivers in your life, even though you might not have rafted on them, but we assure you, you have yet to have been down one quite like this. We suggest you travel to the East Glacial River in May or early June because that is when the water is freshly melted off of the glacier and is at its most miraculous colour. Luminescent sky-blue waters surrounded by mossy springs that drizzle the canyon walls are what await you. This rafting in Iceland activity is designed to hold 8 people but our guides made the educated decision of only allowing up to 7 paddlers on the craft in order to ensure maximum comfort and attention.
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Enjoy Iceland’s best rated outdoor activity that allows you to experience a truly wild white water experience.
This rafting in Iceland activity takes you through the East Glacial River. This is one of the most remote single-day rafting trips on the planet with guides that have a combined total of 67 years of experience that spans over 14 different countries.
Join us and remember…the best things in life are supposed to make your heart race.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 9:00 Arrive at the local office in Varmahlid for introduction briefing (or picked up in Akureyri Backpacker at 7:20 if booked the option)
- Scenic drive with your guide and small group for 45 minutes to your starting point.
- 10:00 Arrive at East Glacial River Gorge, get geared up and wait for your in-depth safety briefing before to hit the water.
- Let the adventure begin as you descend the river on your exhilarating ride
- Stop for lunch by the river
- 14:00 Drive back to Varmahlid, wait for your pictures and get changed,
- Inclusions: certified and highly qualified rafting guide, lunch, hot drinks, technical equipment (dry suit, life jacket, helmet, booties, gloves).
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities, pictures (extra USD50) and return transfer from Akureyri (extra USD60).
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Sharks are wild animals and there is no guarantee even if great chances to see them. In the event of no sharks on tour a 25 percent refund will be provided.
WILDTHENTIC'S TRAVELLERS TESTIMONIAL
" What a rush!This was an amazing experience. On September 13, we did the East Glacier river (whitewater) tour led by Phil, and it was spectacular. Amazing setting, exhilarating rapids. We bit it at The Commitment, but what was so great about this outfitter is that we never felt worried for our safety. We were properly instructed, we trusted their expertise, and we were surrounded by trained professionals in the raft and on kayaks. This was a highlight of our vacation. Stellar day all the way around. "