SILFRA DIVING & DRY SUIT COURSE
- 2 dAYS
Dive between two continents
PADI Dry Suit Course
Visit Thingvellir UNESCO World Heritage Site
Intimate underwater tour (4pax)
SILFRA DIVING & DRY SUIT COURSE - 2 DAYS
CALLING CERTIFIED DIVERS... HOW ABOUT ADDING DRY SUIT QUALIFICATION UNDER YOUR BELT? AND WHAT'S MORE IN STUNNING SILFRA...
When most people think about diving, images of palm trees, coral reefs, and white sandy beaches are normally what come to mind. Although warm waters in tropical climates are beautiful, that is not the experience we are offering. Our 2 Day Silfra Diving and Dry Suit Course offers something entirely different than traditional scuba diving.
Iceland is the ideal location to experience dry suit diving, with its crystal clear almost freezing water, offering you an incredibly deep visibility.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This two-day experience allows you to enter a magnificent world, brimming with colour, volcanic rock, and water so pristine you can drink it! The two-day Silfra Diving and Dry Suit Course provides divers with the opportunity to dive outside of their comfort zone. This adventure takes place in Iceland in almost freezing waters…talk about adventure!
Day One will consist of training. Because cold-water diving requires different skills and techniques than that of warm water, it is important all participants pay attention and take the course seriously. We will review theory and knowledge of diving as well as have a confined water pool session. Day One also includes two open water training dives at a local site. Only those who have a dry suit certificate and have completed ten dry suit dives in the last two years can opt out of the course.
Once Day One is complete, and you have successfully passed the course, the real fun begins. Day Two is dedicated to diving in Silfra. You will enjoy two guided dives with no more than four other people including your instructor. The tours are kept special by ensuring that you get the attention necessary. Please keep in mind that if temperatures drop below 0 °C we will only go on one dive. We also provide transportation between all sites and Reykjavík.
In fact, the Silfra fissure is categorized as one of the top dive sites in the world. Silfra is so extraordinary we just had to share it. We hope you enjoy this dive site as much as we do!
WHY IS THIS A
The two-day Silfra Diving and Dry Suit Course provides one of the greatest diving experiences you can have in your life. This adventure not only gives you knowledge, it provides you with a certification that few have, apart from the fact that you will get to dive between two continents.
Enjoy a magnificent dive with only a handful of other people in drinkable clear water while being in two places at once! This expedition is more than just an outing, it is an awe-inspiring meditative adventure.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:00 Meet at your hotel pick up stop in Reykjavik.
- Full day PADI Dry Suit Diver Course, covering theory and knowledge, confined water session (swimming pool), learning how to dive in a dry suit with buoyancy control and self-rescue skills, two open water training dives at two different local sites. (For the theory part, you can pre-purchase the manual with your booking for an extra USD50).
Note: You must be Open Water PADI Qualified and have completed the Knowledge Reviews Part 1 & 2 from your manual before to start the course.
- 7:30 Meet at your hotel pick up stop in Reykjavik.
- Drive with your guide and small group for one hour to the Thingvellir National Park and learn about the area.
- Arrive at the park, there are warm facilities and a converted bus into changing room waiting for you. Your guide will provide you with your gear and help you getting ready with your dive equipment before to confront the nearly freezing water.
- Once fully geared up and after your in-depth safety briefing, you walk 100 metres to the starting point. There, you get assisted to put on your snorkel and fins, and gently get into the water before to dive deep into the fissure, exploring the tectonic plates.
- You get two dives of 30-40min as deep as 18 metres (Open Water PADI), with one-hour break in between.
- Walk back to your base with your guide and enjoy a hot chocolate and snacks as you get changed. You have some free time to wander and check the surroundings before to head back to Reykjavik.
- You should be back at your hotel between 15:00 and 15:30.
WHAT TO BRING
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Best diver ever!
We dived today with AJ. I was really looking excited and pretty nervous as the air temp was -10 degrees and my precious dry suit experience was terrible (-1 air temp, but with a water temp of 10 degrees which seems tropical in comparison to the 1-2 degrees of Silfra!) I needn’t have worried. Was actually quite warm for the duration. The actual dive is phenomenal. If you’re considering booking, do it! You won’t regret it. Diving in the winter with all the snow just made it even more surreal and amazing. I have dived with many “5 Star” companies all over the world and today, but this was by far the best. AJ and Nino really went above and beyond. Felt really looked after and the hot chocolate and cookies after the dive were a lovely treat. Came away with awesome memories and some great photos. Thank you. "