SKY PHOTOGRAPHY SNOWSHOEING TOUR
Witness the spectacular Northern Lights from Ilulissat
Learn how to appropriately photograph the Aurora Borealis with professional photographer
Proximity to Kangia Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Tour with experienced and qualified guides
SKY PHOTOGRAPHY SNOWSHOEING TOUR
If you have been in Patagonia, Argentina, then you know that Perito Moreno Glacier is an absolute must in your bucket list for any nature-lover.
Winter nights dress the landscape of Ilulissat. Sometimes the sky becomes a stage for millions upon millions of dancing stars. Sometimes it is painted with incandescent green and purple. The sky and its many marvellous spectacles are part of Greenland’s charm. Greenland offers various forms of beauty and the night sky just so happens to be one of them. Greenland has become a notorious location for stargazing because of its 300 clear-sky days a year, which also makes it one of the best places to photograph the Northern Lights. On this journey you will learn how to photograph one of the most magnificent skies visible in the world.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEYou will set out on an adventure filled with colour and magic. The activity begins in our warm and comfortable office where our professional photographer Inesa Matuliauskaite will teach you how to use your camera. You will have enough time to review the settings and ask any questions. Most importantly, we will make sure to show you how to best capture the incredible beauty and colours of the winter Arctic sky. Inesa, the incredible photographer leading the tour, has a profound love for both her craft, photography, and her current home country, Greenland. Her fascination with Greenland’s land and skyscapes is evident and can be seen through the images she captures. This astonishing Slovenian photographer will help you sharpen your photo taking skills as well as teach you how to take cover worthy images. Learn how to capture the natural wonder that are the Northern Lights with what is, in our opinion, the best photography teacher in Greenland. Next, you will head outside with your snowshoes and ski poles. You then walk to the best spots with the most breathtaking views so you can begin to put your new skills to the test. We will take you to the Ilulissat Icefjord, the UNESCO World Heritage Site because it offers a world in itself. The lack of engines and unnatural light allows for full submergence into the divine experience of the night. Due to no sound or light pollution you will be able to fully experience the perfect winter night. You will be overwhelmed with Nature’s stimulation; the popping of air as it escapes the ice, the crash of colliding icebergs all while millions of stars and universes dazzle over your head. Chances are, you’ll be able to photograph the Northern Lights. Before heading back to town, we will make our final stop. We will enter a charming traditional home where we can warm up with a nice cup of tea and snacks. We will reset our cameras and make sure they are perfect for out last photography session!
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Learn now to professionally photograph the natural phenomenon that is the Northern Lights in all its splendour during your stay.
Ilulissat is one of the best places to see the Northern Lights as you discover the Aurora Borealis step by step, while only being metres from the Kangia Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with no light pollution.
You get to enjoy all of this while learning new skills, alongside a professional photographer, that will help you capture the magic of Ilulissat’s night sky.
This tour is done with only a few guests at a time to offer maximum sensations during this personal and intimate experience.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 18:00 Meet at the local office with guide and photographer
- Checking snowshoes and ski pole gear size and camera settings session with professional photographer before heading out.
- Snowshoeing walk away from the town lights, towards Kangia Glacier to try and see the Northern Lights.
- Various photo stops to practice and capture the night sky.
- Last stop in a traditional Greenlandic hut with hot drinks.
- Walk back to the local office in Ilulissat.
- The tour should end at about 8.30pm.
- Inclusions: Includes all the equipment: Musher, dogsled, dogs, extra warm jacket and pants, mittens, boots, hot drinks, snacks and English speaking guide.
- Exclusions: Hotel transfers, travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC'S TRAVELLER TESTIMONIAL
" Touring the UNESCO Kangia Fjord site with the snowshoe tour allows you to visit one of the largest fjords in the world in a unique way. I got to admire the incredible size of the icebergs…they look like mountains! and enjoy nature in its purest state. I was even treated to one of the most fabulous natural spectacle on Earth, the Northern Lights! This completely blew me away, what an incredible experience, I totally recommend it! "