SNORKELLING WITH SALMON, KAYAKING, AND HORSEBACK RIDING in the WILDERNESS - 4 Days
Snorkelling with wild salmon
Kayaking along a pristine river while enjoying views of wildlife including; bears, moose, and eagles
Horseback riding among hundreds of kilometres worth of trails including a river crossing
Stay 3 nights in a wilderness lodge, set in 700,000 acres of untouched natural wonders and meet First Nation guides
SNORKELLING WITH SALMON, KAYAKING, AND HORSEBACK RIDING IN THE WILDERNESS - 4 DAYS
This Snorkelling with Salmon, Kayaking, and Horseback Riding experience in Canada is one for the books. It’s time you treat yourself to a true get-away as you enjoy quality time spent in nature. The great setting invites you to make yourself at home in its 15,000-square-foot timber lodge that offers just as much comfort as it does outdoor activities. The unique lodge, along with its unique activities, sits along the banks of the picturesque Kispiox River. When was the last time you walked ancient paths and had an adventure in the heart of 700,000 acres of pristine wilderness?
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
The lodge is set in a stunning location that is brimming with activities and things to do. The activities mentioned during the Snorkelling with Salmon, Kayaking, and Horseback Riding experience are the ones that have been approved by Wildthentic and therefore pass our criteria. The outdoor adventures discussed during this experience are handpicked in order to make the most of your stay at the lodge. It is also important to note that a lot of the guides are knowledgeable locals, some of which have been in the Kispiox Valley for five generations! If you’re interested in getting closer to nature, yourself, and indigenous culture, this is the place for you.
First, let’s begin with the jewel of all experiences, snorkelling with salmon.
At first, this might not seem like an out-of-this-world outing but, it is. British Columbia’s Kispiox river is where the salmon gather by the thousands. It is in this river where you will find yourself smack-dab in the middle of hundreds of glittering fish. Feel the thrill as they swim like the wind while you try to keep up. Snorkelling with salmon is a bit like flying. Imagine as you soar down the river, through big arches, across canyons, while enjoying the rapids.
The kayaking/raft trip is social and exciting. This outdoor activity combines the thrill of the rapids with the sights and sounds of the world above water. During the kayaking and or ducky rafting portion of your adventure, you will have many opportunities to spot wildlife including bears, moose, and eagles and paddle through beautiful canyons.
Lastly, horseback riding. This final recommendation is perfect for those looking to cover a lot of ground while enjoying the sights. The horseback riding experience at the lodge is unlike any other. Here you will get to cross rivers while on your horse, gallop as fast as the wind!
Make sure to keep an eye out for small clues left behind by animals (like grizzly rubbed and clawed trees)
WHY IS THIS A
Not only does the Snorkelling with Salmon, Kayaking, and Horseback Riding at a Wilderness Lodge adventure take place in a magnificent location, it also features unforgettable experiences alongside spectacular humans. What makes this stay special is the combination of aspects that come together in order to create a truly unique stay. This experience ties the magic of the Kispiox area together with the thrill of the outdoor activities available.
In this remote part of the world, you are one with nature and her wild animals. Plus, you are guaranteed to leave feeling like you have just expanded your family!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 08:00 am (or 10:00 am) Meet at local airport and drive to the lodge (approx. 2 hours).
- 10:00 am Arrive at the lodge, check-in, tour of the lodge and brief on activities.
- Lunch at the lodge
- Afternoon, first activity: Horseback riding and river crossing looking out for wildlife.
- Duration depends on your experience and will to explore more.
- Evening at the lodge with the possibility for a nice campfire.
- Full day snorkelling with salmons with lunch on the river.
- Kayaking/rafting down the river (from 1 to 6 hours) with a 20min safety briefing.
- Depending on how long you do this activity, you may want to also go on a hike around the property, looking for signs of wildlife or First Nation trails.
- Morning at the lodge for the last activity after breakfast, we recommend you join the cultural tour and get a deep insight into the First Nations way of life.
- Transfer to the airport in time for your flight.
- Inclusions: qualified kayak/rafting, snorkelling, horse-riding guide, wetsuit, helmet, life vest and any appropriate gear, all meals and local beverages, airport transfer from Terrace or Smithers, sauna, hot tub, laundry, GST taxes.
- Exclusions: flights, travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 90 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 per cent refund. If you cancel within 90 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 per cent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"The People, the Food, that Accommodations and the Experience was AMAZING!
Outstanding experience! We went on a retreat and the people, food, wine, activities, accommodation and scenery total-up to the best experience we have ever had while on retreat. We did kayaking, river floating, horseback riding, lake canoeing, archery tag, yoga, axe throwing, massages, hot tubbing and bonfires every night. It was bliss and a 10 out of 10, and I highly recommend to anyone. Wow!"