SNOWMOBILE NORTHERN LIGHTS TOUR
Northern Lights sightings
Small snowmobile night tour
Proximity to UNESCO site Kangia Icefjord
Magnificent aerial views of the illuminated city of Big Akinnnaq (Ilulissat)
SNOWMOBILE NORTHERN LIGHTS TOUR
RIDE INTO GREENLAND'S GREAT WILDERNESS HUNTING FOR THE AURORA BOREALIS
Can you imagine crossing a large lake on the back of a snowmobile, chasing the northern lights? On a clear night, filled with stars and dancing green lights? With the thrill of riding your snowmobile in pristine glaciers? Surrounded by astonishing Greenlandic mountains?
You won’t need to imagine if you come and join us on a Northern Lights snowmobile tour.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEIt is no secret that Ilulissat is the best place to witness the Northern Lights. The luminous Kangia sky will leave you breathless. We move away from the electric glow of the town lights as we enter the Arctic night. Head into an Aurora Borealis light show while on the back of a snowmobile. Our tour begins with the ascension of the Big Akinnaq, before crossing the upper lakes. The view of the giant glaciers in the clarity of the night is unforgettable, and the appearance of the Aurora Borealis will make us marvel at nature. First, we travel about 40 kilometres into the outskirts of Ilulissat. From there we have a break so we can continue to watch the show while sipping our warm drink. Do not forget to take photos, you’ll want them later on.. Next, the Northern Lights snowmobile tour takes us crossing a large ice-covered lake. Stunning views of the Kangia await us. We will get to stop and enjoy the Aurora Borealis as many times as you’d like. We simply ask that you inform your tour guide. Lastly, we make a stop for the magnificent aerial views of the illuminated city of Big Akinnnaq before beginning our final descent. This will be the highlight of our adventure. Please keep in mind that small groups of up to 5 people are allowed. We take these measures to ensure that your Northern Lights Snowmobile tour is both safe and enjoyable. We will provide all adventurers with experienced guides. What are you waiting for? Let’s go!
WHY IS THIS A
The Snowmobile Northern Lights Tour's purpose is to get you to enjoy the natural phenomenon in a beautiful and profound way. Our experienced guides will provide you with incredible insights and will show you the surrounding area in a new and exciting way.
You will be in full control as you ride your own snowmobile at night, and feel the wind and speed while following the stars.
You will get to see the magic of the Aurora Borealis while zipping past Kangia Icefjord and other incredible arctic landscapes.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
The adventure begins between 6 and 8 pm. We will enjoy a snowmobile ride during the night and reach the outstanding view-points of the Disko Bay and Ilulissat.
Away from the lights of the city, the Northern lights shall dance before your eyes, above the icebergs of the Kangia Icefjord.
The experience consist in:
- 2 hours of snowmobiling under the supervision of our guide.
- Climbing of the Big Akinnaq range and crossing of the upper lakes to the Nalluarsuk Lake.
- Break with hot drinks while savouring the northern lights.
- Ride back to Ilulissat.
- Inclusions: English speaking guide, transfer from/to the operator’s office to/from the departure point and warm drinks. Technical equipment provided: Snow mobile and helmet, gloves, winter boots, extra warm jacket and trousers.
- Exclusions: hotel transfers, travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELlERS TESTIMONIALS
" The Highlight of My Trip to Greenland
…I had booked on the snowmobiling night tour to try and see the Northern Lights and again, even though the literature said they needed a 2-person minimum, they didn't cancel the tour when it was just me booked on it. This time, all 4 of the staff came along with me, they'd got a snowmobile out for me to drive as they knew I could drive one from my tour the day before. When we got to the snowmobile garage, the Northern Lights were already out and as we were driving to the area where there was no light pollution, we could see the Northern Lights. It was difficult to concentrate on the trail because I wanted to keep looking at the sky. When we arrived at the viewing area, the aurora borealis put on a spectacular show for us, green light dancing across the sky with flashes of pink and purple. We even saw a shooting star as well. The tour surpassed the other two tours I'd done with PGI and they took some beating. It was a really personal tour and I was looked after extremely well by all the staff who obviously thoroughly enjoy their jobs and love giving their customers the best experience possible. "