SWIM NEAR HUMPBACK WHALES -nINGALOO REEF
Eye-to-eye experience with Humpback Whale
Snorkel among the Ningaloo Reef
Experience the largest migration of whales in Australia
Small groups in order to keep the experience intimate
SWIM NEAR HUMPBACK WHALES - NINGALOO REEF
Whales roam all over the world’s oceans but only a handful of places offer the opportunity to witness them, but less swim with them.This swim near humpback whales experience is done responsibly and alongside well-trained staff. Western Australia is one of the best places to see and experience an in-water interaction with migrating humpback whales. These gentle giants can be seen between summer breeding and feeding grounds.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEIf you are in Australia, do not miss the opportunity to do our Swim with Humpback Whales activity. Whales roam all over the world’s oceans but only a handful of places offer the opportunity to witness them, but less swim with them. This swim near humpback whale experience is done responsibly and alongside well-trained staff. As you travel from Exmouth Marina you will head over to Tantabiddi in order to begin the viewing process. First, you snorkel among the magnificent and highly diverse Ningaloo Reef. Then, you will board a catamaran and begin to follow our spotter plane. Having four hours of spotter plane means better chances to see the whales and even to have more than one encounter with them. We will follow the humpback whales’ natural travel path and make sure to keep the experience as intimate as possible. For that, We even turn off the engines if a whale chooses to swim over us! As the Humpbacks are using this area as a shelter to calve, there are high chances to meet a mother with her calve, which make the experience even more special. Only resting relaxed whales, with calves big enough will be met, as not to disturb their natural course of life. We take the actions and movement based cues of the whales very seriously, we first ensure that the whale feel at ease before moving in to the 50-metre mark, this is where we will begin our swimming. Once in the water we will begin to draw closer to the humpbacks. It is important that we not splash and or scare the whales before being within 30 metres of them. Only if the whale approaches us are we allowed to get closer while always maintaining a minimum 15-metre distance.
WHY IS THIS A WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
Get close to one of nature’s giants, the Humpback Whale, the ethical way!
This is the perfect opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and meet the Humpbacks on their terms and on their turf!
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:00 Meet at the local office.
- Board the custom-designed stable vessel and head to UNESCO World Heritage site of Ningaloo Reef Marine Park.
- Free snorkelling lesson in shallow lagoon before to meet the humpback whales.
- Lecture on board from marine biologists about whales, their habitat, behaviour, threats etc as you follow the spotter plane looking for a resting humpback whale.
- Buffet lunch on board and drinks and snacks throughout the day.
- The adventure begins! The group split in 2 smaller groups and get in the water for a close encounter with the most altruist of all whales and possibly its calve.
- Once everyone had a real connection with the whale, you move on to explore more of the Ningaloo Reef. All the while filmed by a professional videographer. If a whale shark is still around in early season you may also attempt to swim with it.
- Time for a celebrating drink, to reward your efforts and adrenaline times (a beer or glass of sparkling wine).
- Trip ends once we reach the shoreline. Don’t forget to collect your free video at the office.
- Inclusions: Snorkeling gear (Masks, Snorkels, Fins and stinger suits and wetsuits provided for all guests), marine biologist on board, spotter plane (4hrs), snorkeling lesson in Ningaloo Reef, buffet lunch, snacks hot and soft drinks, free video from professional, celebrating drink, fully customized boat to ensure the best experience, highly qualified crew, marine park fees, whale shark swim guaranteed, donation to shark research, free return transfer from your hotel.
- Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Swimming suit
- anti-motion sickness tablet
- A set of dry clothes for post activity
- Camera and spare batteries (Waterproof camera is preferable. We provide dry bags.)
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Best experience.We did the eco humpback whale tour because the whale sharks hadn’t been seen for a couple of days. It was just brilliant. Our guides were super knowledgeable and explained in the water what we see. The coral is alive and there are so many fish! After the first snorkel we went further out for the whales and we could see them breaching in the distance until at some point they got really near to the boat, it was amazing. We even went into the water and had them swimming around us! Afterwards we went twice more into the water, once to swim with a mantra and then another snorkel session. This was the best day and experience while traveling in Australia for 2 months. The crew is awesome, good guidance and tasty food. Thank you."