Snorkelling with sea lions in puerto madryn
Hour-long snorkelling with sea lions in their natural environment
Incredible scenery in Punta Loma Provincial Reserve
25-minute sail while enjoying views of birds and marine mammals
Experience performed with specialized guides
SNORKELLING WITH SEA LIONS IN PUERTO MADRYN
Snorkelling with sea lions is not only fun, it’s exciting and fulfilling.
Some of the most enjoyable experiences occur in the presence of animals while in their natural environment. This Snorkelling with Sea lions in Puerto Madryn experience, does just that. You will get to take pleasure in the crystal-clear waters of Golfo Nuevo located in Puerto Madryn, Argentina’s Diving Capitol and one of the only three locations in the world where you can interact with sea lions in the wild. This stunning area is less than 20 km away from the beautiful Punta Loma…It’s time to come face to face with one of the friendliest marine animal species known to man!
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
This adventure begins with a boat ride from Puerto Madryn to Punta Loma. During this sail you will be able to enjoy incredible sights and sounds while keeping an eye out for birds and marine animals. It is a place brimming with mammal life, rocky cliffs, and large pebble beaches. Punta Loma Reserve is a wonderful place to watch sea lions interact within the colony while on land as well as in the water.
Punta Loma is a protected natural area and sea lion haven.
Once we arrive to Punta Loma we will begin our Snorkelling with Sea Lions in Puerto Madryn adventure. First, we start with a brief conservation and safety training followed by a few tips on how to play with the animals, then we go for a swim! Do not fret, sea lion behaviour in water is very different than their behaviour on land. While in the water sea lions becomes playful, inquisitive, and non-territorial. Full grown sea lions as well as pups are known for their aquatic spirit and cheerful nature…chances are they will observe you, swim around you, and some might even boop you in the face! Interpret these actions as invitations for play!
You will spend anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour in the water. The Snorkelling with Sea Lions in Puerto Madryn Experience last about 3 hours in its entirety. Please keep in mind that we will be visiting animals in their natural habitat and should respect their space and their need for cleanliness. We respect wildlife conversation rules to the max which is why we will always remain about 40/50 metres from the shoreline. This in no way hinders the traveller experience, the sea lions thoroughly enjoy playing with visitors and never fail to leave the shore and swim out to interact with them.
WHY IS THIS A
Where else in the world do you get to swim with marine animals without disturbing their natural habitat? Puerto Madryn is home to the spectacular Punta Loma Nature Reserve which houses hundreds of sea lions.
This Snorkelling with Sea Lions in Puerto Madryn Experience allows you to play with these inquisitive animals while swimming in crystal clear waters. You will also have access to experienced marine biologist guides that can inform you on the local marine life as well as the surrounding area! This is a way to have fun, connect with nature, and have a once-in-a-lifetime experience while also respecting the ecosystem.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Start at the local office in Puerto Madryn
- Collect your gear and try on your dry/wet suit
- Safety and animal behaviour briefing with marine biologists
- Transfer to the boat
- Sail for about 25 minutes to the swimming location
- Swim and interact with sea lions for about one hour
- Snack on board before returning to Puerto Madryn
- End at the local office
- Inclusions: English speaking marine biologist guides, transfer from/to the boat, snacks, equipment, free training, hot shower, educational talk and safety briefing.
- Technical equipment provided: wetsuit (dry suit in winter), snorkel and mask Exclusions: travel insurance, personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" Snorkelling with Sea Lions. I did a half day excursion with […] and the staff were extremely friendly, experienced and very knowledgeable about the local marine life. They fitted us with comfortable wet suits and the boat ride was amazing! But the main event was the sea lions and that was very special and the guides helped us feel comfortable in the water and filmed everything that was happening, which was amazing as we could just enjoy the moments as they happened! The price was very reasonable for what we experienced and I would definitely use them again if I go back to Puerto Madryn!"