tREKKING TO PETRA NABATEAN STYLE - 2 DAYS
Take the road less travelled while going to Petra
Learn about Nabatean culture while following in their ancient footsteps
Interact with locals while discovering new heights
Visit magnificent sites including; Monastery, Qasr al-Bint, and Colonnaded Street
TREKKING TO PETRA IN NABATEAN STYLE
This two-day experience might seem short on paper but believe us; it’s jam-packed with sightseeing and soul stirring adventure.
Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Petra is known for its ancient ruins, surreal colour, and spectacular culture. This trekking to Petra trip is by far one of the greatest experiences you will have in your adult life.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCE
The Trekking to Petra in Nabatean Style Tour begins with the marvellous site of Petra lit by 1,800 candles! Prepare for an out-of-this-world event where you will get to walk through Petra’s Siq to the Khazneh by following a dimly-lit rose coloured path while haunting Bedouin music encircles the Treasury.
See spectacular sites while trekking to Petra and meeting incredible people along the way
You will then spend the night in a traditional beit shar tent at Seven Wonders Camp in Little Petra where you will be surrounded by magnificent cliffs and magical candlelight. The Camp offers traditional Bedouin style meals, music, and campfire dancing. The peaceful area will be starkly contrasted between the liveliness of the locals. Treat your taste buds to the exotic flavoured sweet teas while getting to know your fellow travellers as well as the beautiful people native to the area. Don’t let the name fool you, Little Petra has big treasures and bold people.
Hopefully you will wake up well rested because Day Two is all about sightseeing. We will go hiking from Little Petra to Petra while going off the beaten path. There is nothing normal and or average about this unique hike.
Our tour guides will take you on the same routes the Nabateans took thousands of years prior…you will literally walk on history.
It is important to note that we take safety very seriously and have made sure that the paths are not only solid but dry as well. Please speak to your guide if you have a fear of heights or anything of the sort, this experience includes trekking and the viewing of many locations from above.
WHY IS THIS A
Discover Petra the ancient way. This experience allows you to follow in the footsteps of the Ancient Nabateans. You will also get to witness Petra two different ways, at night while totally illuminated by candles as well as during the day from up above. Forget modern day worries, become a Bedouin for a night (or two), and take the road unknown to the masses.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 7:30pm Pick up after dinner at the comfortable Bedouin Camp near Little Petra and drive 8km (approx. 15-minute drive) to Petra for the night show starting at 8.30pm.
- Walk through Petra Siq to Treasury by night lit with candle lights.
- 10:00pm End of the visit and transfer back to camp for the night
- Hike from Little Petra to Petra, 12.6km / 3 to 4 hrs
- Start by visiting Little Petra archeological ruins and the Siq, before to start our walk to the Monastery (Petra’s back door).
- Full visit of Petra archeological site
- Head back to the camp where the tour ends.
The best time to hike in and around Petra is in the shoulder seasons of spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). At these times of year temperatures are usually mild with little rain. Spring is beautiful with its blooming wild flowers, which make parts of Petra even prettier than usual.
- Price based on 2 people sharing
- Inclusions: Transportation from/to the Bedouin Camp in Little Petra, all meals, hot drinks and snacks, entrance fees, English-speaking trekking guide, overnight accommodation in comfortable Bedouin camp, Petra by night, Little Petra and full visit of Petra.
- Exclusion: Alcoholic drinks, tips, and personal expenses.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 60 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a USD300 cancellation fee. If you cancel between 59 and 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 29 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
" LOVED IT! My family and I had an AMAZING time at Seven Wonders Bedouin Camp, we all LOVED it!!We travelled by car from Amman and found it easily. The Camp is just passed Petra’s main entrance, away from the hustle & bustle, in between nothing but rocks & sand. It’s a polished version of a real Bedouin camp, still adventurous but comfortable.
Atef & his family / staff are fantastic and extremely welcoming. Since we only had 1 day we did as they suggested and visited Petra starting from the Monastery (end) and walked back to the Treasury (entrance): ideal if you don’t have multiple days.
Bonus: the sunset from the top of the rock is STUNNING! When leaving we took an amazing mountain road straight from the Camp to the Dead Sea with incredible views, no traffic or speed bumps - we followed Jaffar (staff) who was driving another guest in the same direction. Thank you guys!!"