SUNSET & SUNRISE
SITTING BETWEEN ANDORRA FRANCE AND SPAIN, GRANDVALIRA IS THE LARGEST SKI RESORT IN THE PYRENEES.
Grandvalira is in the heart of the Pyrenees. This ski area located within the Principality of Andorra will grant you entry into the Winter Wonderland of your dreams. Grandvalira, the largest ski area in the Pyrenees, is 210 km of pure snowy pleasure. Andorra is the ideal place to satisfy all five senses.
Only a three-hour drive from Barcelona, this makes a perfect weekend winter escape for the snow addicts. Beside skiing, a great variety of activities will keep you entertained such as dogsledding, snowshoeing, surfboarding...
WHY WE LOVE
Here lakes and mountains will surround you. They will offer you some of the best experiences nature has to offer. Also, keep in mind that Andorra has outdoor activities all year round.
Snow sports reign in the winter months. Andorra is perfect for skiers, snowboarders, and snowmobilers alike. There you can grab a pair of snowshoes and hit a trail or grab a dog sled and wander around the area. Grandvalira provides smooth surfaces and high altitudes for those in search of an adrenaline rush.
There are also leisurely options to enjoy. While in Grandvalira you can relish on other activities like going to the spa and or experiencing a fine dining experience.
The summer months are a bit different. A bright new landscape emerges once the snow melts away. Due to Andorra’s incredible amount of green space (90% to be exact) there are many hiking options. Trails range from easy to moderate to difficult. There are outdoor activities for every age. Walking the trails of natural parks will inspire you to discover different landscapes and maybe take a few photographs.
Andorra also offers many shopping options for those interested. The top brands will seduce you into visiting the most exclusive shops and malls.
The most interesting cultural experiences are also waiting for you. Discover the magic hidden behind Romanesque and religious art. Visit museums and chapels. Delight your eyes and ears with the pleasure of dance and music concerts. Treat your taste buds to the delicious gastronomic offerings found in Grandvalira. Treat yourself to the trip you know you deserve.
DID YOU KNOW?
- You have some local high-altitude wine in Grandvalira! Andorran wine includes; Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Albariño, among others.
- Andorra has Southern Europe’s largest skiable area and it includes Grandvalira.
- Many of Grandvalira’s staffers are trilingual. Andorra’s national language is Catalan and it’s incredibly close to Spain and France. This means that its people have adapted to the area and its frequent visitors. Most locals speak Catalan, Spanish, and French.
- Grandvalira is near Southern Europe’s biggest spa complex, Caldea. This thermal spa complex is a must visit.
- The finals of the FIS Alpine Skiing World Cup will be held in Andorra, for the very first time, in 2019.