Stay in an Igloo hotel and enjoy a different night
“The service was friendly and attentive, the food was more sophisticated than I thought you could have prepared in an igloo, and bedrooms cozy and beautifully carved…The inside temperature of the igloo is 0C, but that’s fine when you are in skiwear. And the mountain-grade sleeping bags keep you very toasty at night.
Picture it, you’re in Grandvalira at an altitude of 2,350m, surrounded by the glacier circle of Grau Roig. This is what Andorra has to offer. The small country of Andorra is home to one of Europe’s best-kept secrets, an igloo hotel
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to sleep in an igloo? Rest your head upon ice? Dine off of frozen tables? Sit on solid water chairs? Well, rest assured you can now know exactly what all those sensations feel like. Andorra’s igloo hotel grants you the liberty of living in a way that is foreign to most humans.
This one of a kind igloo hotel allows you to live as if you were in a fairy tale complete with Vikings, ice sculptures, and animal skins.
The Igloo night stay begins in the afternoon. Once there our guest will have a drink at the Grau Roig Ski School, which you will return to the next day. Later, you are free to roam, ski, and or relax at the Spa. We highly recommend the thermal baths. The next morning consist of a beautiful breakfast at the classic restaurant, PULKA.
Once night falls you can take a racket ride in order to get a better view of the stars. Or you can also enjoy a drink in the infamous ‘Drink Vault’. This special vault consists of a fireplace-heated dome, which is located in a restaurant made entirely of ice.
Each person and or couple will receive a private igloo, perfect for you to discover your inner Eskimo. Also, the walls of each igloo are made of pure snow and decorated in relief by Andorran artists. New special cotton bedsheets are provided. Also, sleeping bags support temperatures up to -20ºC (-4°F). We promise to keep you toasty.
Spend your day discovering your surroundings and enjoying the snow. We guarantee you’ll have a splendid time and therefore want to return. Lastly, please make sure to pack a towel, warm clothes, flip-flops, and bathing suit. Not only is there a spa but there are also Jacuzzis with open ceilings that allow you to stare gaze. Discover the magic of Andorra’s Igloo Hotel.
Are you ready? We are.
|Spend the night in an igloo, at an altitude of 2,350 metres.|
|19:00 Day 1|
|Grau Roig Ski School Building|
|From 19:00 Day 1 till 10:00 Day 2|
|Returns to original departure point (or you can return skiing!)|
|From 25th Dec to 31st March|
The Hotel Igloo experience includes the following activities:
- 19:00h Welcome drink at the Grau Roig Ski School Building (Cubil parking).
- 19:30h Ascent to Igloo by snowcat machine.
- 20:00h Snowshoe walk (approx 20 min, optional, suitable for all audiences).
- 21:00h Dinner: to choose between 2 firsts, 2 mains, desert, coffee, water and a bottle of wine every 2 people.
- 22:30h SPA Session (Jacuzzi & Sauna)
- After SPA Room: artic sleeping bag and sheet.
- 9:00h Descent: skiing* (optional) or by chairlift.
- 9:30h Breakfast at PULKA.
* If you wish to return skiing, you should bring your ski material (boots, skis, poles, …) to the hotel. Otherwise you will return by chairlift.
- Group size: Min 2 – Max 6
- Age restrictions: Minimum age: 6 years old
- Inclusions: Transfer from/to the departure point, snowshoe walk, dinner, SPA session, accommodation in a private Igloo, breakfast.
- Technical equipment provided: To sleep, a sleeping bag is provided together with special cotton sheets that only you will use. The most ideal luggage is a backpack or sports bag; suitcases are not accepted
- Exclusions: Even though we know that you dare, you have to take into account some details. The Igloo Hotel is around 0°C. To enjoy your stay, you must include in your backpack:
- Warm clothing suitable for snow. Avoid jeans and sports shoes.
- Warm and comfortable footwear such as après-ski boots or Moonboots. Good gloves and woolly hats.
- Sunglasses (for the next day). Thermal underwear (for sleeping)
- Towel, swimwear and flip-flops for the jacuzzi. Flashlight.
- Passport or ID. Cash
- Voucher info You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Where skiing like you’ve never skied before is just the beginning.
Grandvalira is the largest station in the Pyrenees and one of the largest in Europe, with three snowparks, one ‘night’ snowpark, where high-level competitions are carried out. It is ideal for all the public, with activities catering for all tastes, and has more than 40 places to eat, anything from a snack to a ‘mountain’ rice in an incomparable setting.
But Grandvalira is not just a ski resort: it is so much more.
Beyond the tracks snowy paths in the woods await you, and you can ride them on snowmobiles, with snowshoes and dog sleds. When the sun sets, L’Abarset invites you to enjoy the very best perfomers and international DJs on its terrace, one of Andorra’s landmarks.
And when the ski season comes to an end, its mountain landscapes offer you the possibility to enjoy nature from another point of view, which is also incredible. If you fancy an encounter with nature, without light pollution, and with hardly any people, without a doubt, this is the place for you…
Its privileged location, in the heart of the Pyrenees, and its infrastructures and facilities, make Grandvalira the ideal enclave for a unique and surprising place like Igloo Hotel.